Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 07:57 AM

Help! Calling all bunny experts...

Alfie has runny poops ! ! !

Why could this be?? He eats same as other bunnies and they're fine ! Wouldn't mind so much but he's doing them all over the kitchen floor, and just walking all over them, smearing them all over the place??? Argh !

Advice very welcome...

Thanks
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:20 AM
is he having greens if so stop them
is he a new addition was he fed on this food before
what is the food you feeding?
ATD xxx
chelsea
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Yer if hes haveing greens will make him go frist thing i would do is put him in hes hutch so as he cant make to much mess in your kitchen till hes feeling better
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
is he having greens if so stop them
is he a new addition was he fed on this food before
what is the food you feeding?
ATD xxx
Is is, or was having greens, some fresh greens and cabbage. He is an adopted bunny from PAH, so he prob wasn't getting greens before tbh. He's being fed on rabbit pellets, with a tiny sprinkle of rabbit museli, and hay of course. He was underweight when we got him, so trying to feed him up a bit.

Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
Yer if hes haveing greens will make him go frist thing i would do is put him in hes hutch so as he cant make to much mess in your kitchen till hes feeling better
Well, that's where it started, he was in his hutch, or indoor cage, anbd when I came yesterday he was COVERED in poo, all over his back legs and fews bits on his back etc. Not sure if he got a fright of something, but that was the first time that had happened. Poor bunny

So stop his greens, and do you think maybe increase the hay???
amethystbelle
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2007, 02:11 PM
aaawwwww poor little thing *hugs*

I agree i would stop feeding him the greens and maybe leave other food except hay off just for today and as a way to try and stop the runs you could feed him a little burnt toast as that usually helps to bind them due to the charcol in it. I used it for my buns and i use it for my chins and degus too and it usually works well
Doggydina
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for all advice guys ! ! Alfie has had no greens since yesterday morn and (touch wood) there's been no more runny poo's. Will keep him off for a while yet, just to be sure. Will keep y'as posted
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2007, 05:33 PM
Glad he's better. We have rabbits have kept them all our lives. any probs just give me a pm