View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Back on the subject of chicken wings - what happens if Pereg chews on up and then swallows a fairly large piece?

Also, what about raw mince? I can buy either fresh or frozen beef, chicken, turkey or lamb mince, but obviously if frozen it would have to be defrosted as it comes in 500g packs.

Is if OK if I buy the cheaper packs of mince for her? If they are in one frozen lump I can only hack bits of when it is partially defrosted so is it OK to defrost the whole pack and then give some to her?

Sorry if I am being a nuisance but I am just trying to do the best for Pereg.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-06-2011, 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Back on the subject of chicken wings - what happens if Pereg chews on up and then swallows a fairly large piece?

Either noting or she will reacquaint herself with it and get to enjoy it all over again.

Also, what about raw mince? I can buy either fresh or frozen beef, chicken, turkey or lamb mince, but obviously if frozen it would have to be defrosted as it comes in 500g packs.

Perfectly fine

Is if OK if I buy the cheaper packs of mince for her? If they are in one frozen lump I can only hack bits of when it is partially defrosted so is it OK to defrost the whole pack and then give some to her?

Yes and Yes

Sorry if I am being a nuisance but I am just trying to do the best for Pereg.
You have to remember that dogs are scavengers as well as predators, so they are used to eating things we might not choose.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Yes you can give feet, I do when I can get them. A lot of people cannot cope with seeing feet in a dog's mouth though!
Probably no worse than seeing my 2 find a myxi rabbit one day and a squirrel each the next
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-06-2011, 04:10 PM
Many thanks for all the answers - Pereg currently has a very smug expression on her face!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2