View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 01:51 PM
i wear make-up most days, not like a full mask, just usually my eyes i have some liner and mascara and some concelar to hide dark circle under my eyes and sometimes some lippy.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 02:14 PM
See now today is a rare day as I am not wearing any make-up...... coz I'm decorating.

However, I won't be scared to go out without any as OH says if I finish we'll get a Chinese and a bottle of wine later.

But I totally agree with H (surprise surprise lol), Jackbox and Tori.
It's healthier for your skin to wear some if it's the right stuff for you, and I agree you don't have to look like a clown lol

I do think sometimes the big make-up counters can be a bit intimidating though, so I used to try allsorts before I found what worked for me (especially as the Boots in Slough near to Windsor where I lived had a young lady behind the No7 counter who really was orange with black pencilled eyebrows! ).
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by beckyc View Post
(especially as the Boots in Slough near to Windsor where I lived had a young lady behind the No7 counter who really was orange with black pencilled eyebrows! ).

lol i know those counters can be intimidating when you see the girls there i dont go to them like to find stuff for myself dont want to look like and oompa loompa.
A few years ago i was at a bus stop with my aunt and we noticed this wee woman with pink eyebrows bless her i think she might not have had her glasses on and mistook her lip liner for her eyebrow pencil, unless she was starting a new trend
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2007, 02:50 PM
LOL @ the posts! I find it amusing the way some of those counter girls look like clowns when they are meant to be promoting the products they sell! Bit like hairdressers with bad hair.
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
LOL @ the posts! I find it amusing the way some of those counter girls look like clowns when they are meant to be promoting the products they sell! Bit like hairdressers with bad hair.
...or George Foreman selling lean mean grilling machines when he's not exactly lean himself!
Cake anyone? Oooo I lurve da cake
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2007, 06:32 PM
i wear foundation, bronzer and when im going out eyeshadow and lipgloss

i do it to make my skin more even - i havent got the best skin (teen ager!) but its not awful i jjust feel better with some on

jelous of you lot who dont have to wear any - or dont- wish i didnt but if i never id actually look likem a ghost lol!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 12:57 PM
I only ever wear makeup when going some where special ,And saying that i dont wear a lot or very often ,
I cant see the sense in people plastering makeup on with a trowel , Besides it not like it changes there features greatly imo it just make them look like painted barbie dolls quickly running away to hide
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Lol! Women trowelling on the powder and paint,
To make themselves look something they aint!!!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Imo even worse than women who look like barbies is children who look like barbies. Years ago a friend and I were standing behind a little girl (8 years old ish). She turned round and smiled at us and my friend and i just stared at her and then looked at each other open mouthed. She looked ridiculous, freakish even. Bright blue eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, bright red cheeks and lipstick and clutching a little handbag. As you can imagine, mum was just the same but older. And where were we when we saw this sight - tea at the Ritz, a posh party? No - we were queuing up for the log flume at Alton Towers!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Did she have white with pink spots, leggings on too with white stilleto's the Mum?? I know the type!!!!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >