Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

07-12-2013, 07:02 AM

Morning Dogsey daily thread (Saturday).

Morning everyone.
Thought I would pop this up quickly as I am up and about.
I am over to Brentwood today to pick Gill up to have a day out. We are putting wreaths on dad's our sisters and our nans graves and may then may pop into Basildon or not depending on how tired Gill is she gets very tired now so if she is too tired and of course parking may be a challenge by the time we get there we can always stop at a garden centre along the 127 and then the one at Warley where they have some comfy chairs and drink coffee for me Gill only drinks cold drinks mostly coke or pepsi and chat. We can chat for England when together.

Norma I hope the leccy wasn't off to long last night and you are now all warm and toasty.
Linda hoping today is a better day for you today.
June I hope the ribs are feeling better.
Sally hope you are ok didn't notice you when I briefly went through last nights thread. I think everyone had an early night last night so maybe you popped in and the lights were out.
Helena I hope you have let Dave out of the bathrooom.
Sorry if I have missed anyone hoping everyone and all doglets are well today.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone

Lynn, you just beat me to it this morning, I never thought you'd be up this early, in the dark with Gordon home, but now I know why. Have a lovely day with Gill, you must miss her being nearby, it'll be lovely to just sit and drink coffee and chat away. I bet you'll get thrown out cos they'll want you table for lunch lol! Maybe you'll stay for lunch there, it's usually quite good in these garden centres isn't it.

Jenny, thinking of you this morning and really hoping Rucksack's tail is still looking good. I expect once you've waked the boys, you'll be busy getting yourself looking good, which won't take long, unlike me with my 2 hours! Have a lovely, lovely day and I do hope we get some pics of you in this stunning outfit. Where's the wedding, in a big country mansion somewhere? Luffly

Didn't manage to get on here yesterday at all, as we ended up going down that bathroom shop again yesterday afternoon, just to take a look around again, and we both headed straight for that lovely square shower bath suite and it didn't take long before he made us a deal on it, that we just couldn't refuse. Dunno how I'm gonna pay for it, but it'll all work out ok with Dave transferring a bit until his pay day.

Poor Dave, he was slaving away in the bathroom changing all the pipework under the floor, and capping it all off in preparation for the new furniture. By lunchtime, he had just put all the floor back (which is going to be replaced today), turned around, and fell through it Sadly, I was on the phone to his accountant in the other room so I never got to see it Also thankfully, this bathroom is at the back of the house and the drop to the concrete base is only 2ft, whereas if it had been my bathroom at the front, the drop would have been 10ft cos of the slope we're built on, so I dread to think

Nothing much planned today. Might pop up and do those leaves now that the wind's dropped and the trees are now bare, but apart from that, nothing planned.

Hope you're all well along with the doglets, and enjoy a lovely week-end.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 07:57 AM
Good morning Lyn and Helena,

Lynn if you come to Basildon your best bet for parking is the Eastgate Centre shouldn't have any problem there. Have a safe journey and enjoy your time with Gil and of course a safe journey home again.

Helena, poor Dave hope he didn't hurt himself. I do love those square baths and units they look brilliant.

Do have a good day all that are to follow too. Stay safe and warm. God bless.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Morning Lynn,morning all

Been a while since I posted on here,
Was hoping for a lie in this morning,no such luck,woke up at 7 and got up,O/H has been up since 6.30 but he had a better night last night,need to help him have a bath later on.

Nothing much planned for today,a day/night off from driving and running about after everyone,

Hope everyone & there doglets are well
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Morning Lynn and fellow members,

A had a much better sleep last night (with the help of some medication) so actually managed 6 hours unbroken sleep ..... FANTASTIC I've got to get the dogs walked and my brother is arriving at 10.30 to stay over and dog sit.

Rucksack's tail is looking great but as soon as the cone comes off he's trying to bite the scab. Today the cone will only come off for walks, meal times and a play but then he'll trail a lead. He can still drink with the cone on which is a huge relief.

Lynn I hope you have a lovely day with Gill
Helena Good luck to Dave with the bathroom work and he had a lucky escape yesterday ... probably just as well you didn't witness it as he'd probably file for divorce The wedding is at the RAC Club in Pall Mall (well the reception is) the formal bit is at Chelsea Registry Office. Believe me it is going to take a lot longer than 2 hours to make myself look half decent. I'm still feeling unwell and look blooming horrendous .
Moyra I hope you too have a pleasant day in as little pain as possible. Hugs to Amber.
Sal Nice to see you back on here again I hope your OH's pain will soon subside which it should do in plaster. One less thing for him to moan about.

My son's 'best friend' right through his schooling had a near fatal motorbike accident earlier in the week ... not his fault. He was hit at speed by a car. Two broken legs, one smashed ankle, broken ribs, both arms broken in numerous places but worse of all a shattered pelvis which gave him awful internal bleeding. He's out of the ICU now and has been transferred to a large trauma unit in London. Numerous operations a head of him, but I saw a photo yesterday on bf and he's lying there with metal frames surrounding his pelvis and ankle and plaster on every limb but smiling with his thumbs up ... bless him. I really hate motorbikes .... sooooo dangerous.

I'll come back in here tomorrow morning. I hope you all have a great day and I hope all of your and your dogs stay safe.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Morning Lynn Helena ,Moyra
Hope you have a pleasant day out enjoy your day with Gill
Could have been nasty for Dave there Helena hope he didn't do himself any damage ,good luck with the leaves
Hope you and Amber are both well stay safe and warm
Leccie didn't go off after all last night thank goodness ,expect they will be working on it today ,still no power for some further down the loch side ,
Hard hard frost this morning and bitterly cold Jemma wasn't keen to stay out long ,quickest wee in history then about tailed it for home ,cuddled up on her bed now in front of the fire
Not much on today work then catch up with housework
Hope everyone is well human and doglets if not get better soon
Take care stat safe keep warm
Jenny hope you have a fab time at the wedding
Tw looking forward to today's puppy fix always brightens up the day
Huge hugs to anyone that needs them xxxxx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 08:57 AM
Morning all and all who follow on from us earlybirds!

Lynn
I'd be voting for plan B, garden centre, soft seats, kawfee and nothing I like better than a good old natter! (I lived in Brentwood many moons ago when I was a young single fancy free slip of a thing!) in an old converted coach house on the main road uphill from the station. Worked some evenings in the pub below the station too. Funny how you can 'forget' some stuff until someone mentions it isn't it? That's why I love hearing about the minutae of other people's daily lives more than spectacular 'news'!

Am intrigued about 'Dave in the bathroom!) I didn't have a particularly early night but hit the daybed early on and stayed there! Me and Bella both had a lie in today and I didn't get her out until well after 9am. Got down to the farmland path to find they've decimated about half of it now - just as well we are not depending on that for walking now weather is cooler. I am beseiged now on all sides by 'works' and wondering what I will get back to find in January!

Helena
All is now revealed about Dave - GAWD! People's blokes are dropping like flies on here this week!

Sounds like a reasonably sedate weekend for you this time. (Or not - we will find out later!)

Sal
Nice to see you old thing!

I see you too are busily involved in 'OH' stuff! Hope you are well in yourself. And that you don't need anyone to help you take a bath! (Only dirty people wash anyway!)

Well the sun is out again and blazing down on me. I went out wearing thin long trousers and a 3/4 sleeve cotton top but with a scarf draped round me. Ended up tying the scarf to my bag and walking back with a sweaty neck!

Lucia came down with her coffee earlier on. I'm leaving my keys with her so she can clean for me while I am away. Have told her not to bother with the spare room lol! I can hardly make my way through it at the mo and NOT to water ANY of my plants! I am sure they can survive 2wks without water if I douse them before I leave and I am fed up coming home to overwatered, yellow leaved dying things. She is asking me to get all sorts of fleecy dressing gowns and jamas in Primark for her and hers in UK. I've explained they are bulky and I want to bring a lot of my own stuff back from Jen's this time. I'll try to just get something for her. Winter clothes are v. expensive here - probably the novelty value of them!

Right leg playing me up a bit during the night. Have taken a Tramadol with my coffee before going out. I'm seeing Vikki on Monday afternoon. No idea what has set that off but it wasn't helping me sleep - faffing about with a pillow between my knees and switching from lying on one side and then on my back. Not too bad now I'm up and going.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Morning Lynn and everyone.
Lynn, have a good day with Gill, I hope she is well.
Helena you are a rotter laughing at poor Dave like that. Glad he is ok.
Morning Moyra and Sal, good to see you again Sal.
Jenny, glad Rucksacks tail is looking so much better. Hope you have a really great day today.
Norma glad you are still safe, hope you are warm too.
Morning Tang, banging on about the sun and the warmth
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 09:09 AM
Morning

Lynn - I hope you have a good day out with Gill today. I bet you get through a fair few drinks with all the chatting.

Helena - Oh my goodness, that could have been nasty for Dave! Just shows how easily accidents can happen. What are you like - 'sadly you never got to see it'!( )

Hi Moyra

Hi Sal - I'm glad your OH had a better night.

Jenny - Glad you had a good night and I hope you have a great time today. Great to hear about Rucksack too but I agree it's a good idea to keep that cone on today. If he's anything like Loki, he'll be trying to get at it.

I'm really sorry to hear about your son's friend. How awful.

Hi Norma - I hope your electricity stays on and you are able to stay warm.

Hi Pat - Maybe you should lock that spare room just in case someone goes in there and gets lost.

Christmas stuff for us today - the kids are desperate to get the tree up so we'll have to do a big tidy up first. I need to get some plain black leggings for Carys' Christmas play because apparently the ones she has with gold on just won't do!

Have a lovely day everyone.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Morning Nippy.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »