View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Lynn, is cartrophen yearly now?? when my old 2 had it i had to take them weekly for a month i think, deffo wasn't a yearly thing.
Harvey, fab news about Casey...will be whizzing about in no time! how are you doing now? hope your germs have gone and that your OH is feeling better too
No news on the missing Spaniel, just trying to find the people who have her, i did see the owner out with the 2 sharpeis this afternoon...didn't say anything though
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2016, 06:59 PM
Our vet told us it would last a year if we have it done. She looked up how much it would cost for us and then said but you only have it done yearly. Couldn't afford that monthly.
Maybe they have changed it or something.
Hope the spaniel is all tucked up warm and safe.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Just been looking it up griff seems you have it done in 4 doses then that should last a year.
For mild arthritis which they are going on at the moment 1 dose lasts a year.
Will have to ask again before booking him in.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2016, 07:15 PM
Ahhhhh I see!!! All I can remember is seeing the vet frequently and not being able to give metacam at the same time
1cutedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Hi everyone, glad everyone and dogs seem to be on the up and up and hope Dillons injury doesn't last long. I've had quite a good day, got a small coffee table from a friend, got invited to dinner by another friend and what an absolutely delicious meal it was but think I've drunk to much wine haha Going out to lunch with my son tomorrow, he's treating me although it's his birthday lol

Sammy was playing with the German Shepherd again this morning, the one from the lousy breeder of the winner of crufts, the dog is actually 3 years old, wonder if it's a sibling of the one who won. I leave Sammy with a lead on so did have one person picking it up and bringing him back to me lol but apart from that he was pretty good. Off lead he doesn't go up to every dog like he does when he's on the lead and he comes back most times when I call him. It's handy being able to stand on the lead so I can keep him with me when I need to.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Harvey, fab news about Casey...will be whizzing about in no time! how are you doing now? hope your germs have gone and that your OH is feeling better too
No news on the missing Spaniel, just trying to find the people who have her, i did see the owner out with the 2 sharpeis this afternoon...didn't say anything though
Hi Sis
Yes OH is feeling better thank you, at least she insisted on doing turkey and all the veggies for dinner. Still coughing a bit (But she is a light smoker so we all know about that ) I feel happier that she is almost over it. I think I'm clear as well

The story of the missing Spaniel and the attitude of the owners sent my blood pressure rising. How can people be so insensitive grrrrrrrr Well done to you and your friends for helping out.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Been watching The Queen, very interesting it was, how she keeps going I don't know, seems to walk miles and shake thousands of hands a lot of the time. I would have needed a few nanny naps to keep that up I think
Sorry to hear about Dillon, Lynn. I hope after a nights rest he'll be steadier on it in the morning. Poor lad its a shame.
Glad to hear Casey is improving and walking on his leg at last,Harvey.
I've now got Kesh in season, so its trips in the car to the football field, a ball game, training session and back home in the car. I was dreading this happening, with no river to escape to. Not too bad with just Mabs in season, but more than one is a nightmare in the making. Had to laugh today when I did my afternoon clear up. Stashes of bones everywhere, threw them all out into a pile to aghast looks from the stash makers. Sorted all that out,left the pile where it was,went into the big house, Kesh lay flat out, like she was dead, with bones surrounding her face, got her to stand up eventually after much persuading and she was lay on 2 more, so they went into the sleeping part whilst I cleaned up in the main bit, Kesh immediately went to sit next to them, transferred them back into the main bit to put fresh shavings in the sleeping part and she followed them out and sat on them, because of course there are no other bones (besides Lona and Mabs pile) in the world
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Ahhh Harvey, I am an ex smoker...I was a 60 a day girl...how I ever afforded it I don't know. I did find when I finished work and was still smoking my chest was a lot better....it was the diesel fumes that played havoc with me. Ivan still remember my last fag...July, 2003 taking diez round the field
Lol TW....bless them and their bone collection, hope all the seasons go well
Nobody has come forward about the missing spaniel yet, at least we know she is in the dry and not out in the awful weather
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

27-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Ahhh Harvey, I am an ex smoker...I was a 60 a day girl...how I ever afforded it I don't know. I did find when I finished work and was still smoking my chest was a lot better....it was the diesel fumes that played havoc with me.
Well done you, OH has cut down in recent years, now about ten a day, but she will never give it up I'm sorry to say, in fact just about the time you gave up I also gave up trying to persuade her too. It must be more than 40 years since I gave it up.

Looks like we are in for some stormy weather tomorrow, shame as I was hoping to do a bit in the garden, hope I can get the doggies out for a short walk at least.

Must go now, goodnight to all, sweet dreams, see you soon.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

27-03-2016, 10:01 PM
We've got a decent forecast for some of the day, will have to get the girls into the car,out and back before everyone with a male dog decides to take it on the field tomorrow Considering what an horrendous forecast it was,and what we actually got, its not been that bad. Foregot to say we had a big storm this afternoon, thunder, lightening, rain and hail. It passed over and the sun came out
Going for a soak, do the girls brekkies before that, and check to see if there's anyone out.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >