Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 07:08 AM

Daily Thread, Thursday, February 4

Good morning everyone,

Another dark morning. Griff you talking about prescriptions reminds me I should have asked for a repeat on mine.

I was dismayed to hear about the sheep Harvey, not enough love and care go into some peoples animals. Animals always come first in my book.

Hope everyone is feeling fine today. Have a good day, keep warm and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2016, 07:17 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow.
Yep still dark in the mornings Moyra.

I was also gob smacked at the treatment of the sheep not that I should be I suppose.
All my animals have always been fed and walked first my breakfast is normally brunch now. Learnt from my dad when I was allowed pets I had to look after them but he was keeping a sneaky eye on them and if he felt I was having breakfast and a cuppa and my pets had not been sorted I would get told put that down and see to your animals then you can see to yourself.
I think a few people in this world could do with some good old fashioned parenting these days.

Off out with Beth later we are going to the big garden centre in Huntingdon and having lunch plus I have a voucher for lunch so added bonus and Gorden told me last night he will be home tonight and work from home tomorrow as the Friday meeting has been cancelled.

Hope everyone is well today and all doglets too.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Morning each and those to come. I have always thought this idea of eating first is weird. My dog either eats first or eats with me. My parents always said do your duties first and then there is time for yourself. My children have been brought up the same way. Anyway onto another subject that will get LG going. I listen to farming today on a regular basis and this morning it was about homeopathy. Lots of farmers are using it and have been for years. I then heard about farming subsidies and the person talking about it could have been a politician by the way he skirted round a positive answer as to why some have not received it yet. Then it was about piglets being similar to a human baby and being fed on foods that have been either made to hard for babies to eat eg: rusks and also milk powders. Fascinating programme. If you aren't awake early enough you can always listen to it later. Have a good day all. Oh yes it is Harry Potter book night. So off to get my broomstick out and service it.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 09:29 AM
Morning everyone
Rosie always has her breakfast put down same time as I do ours, doesn't always eat it as she prefers to wait and see if I'm planning to share mine but it's there for her.
I will catch up on yesterday whilst drinking my cuppa
Lynn enjoy your day at the garden centre, me and my friend are planning to take a trip to one, in her village, so hopefully she's free next week cos I've been told it has a great coffee shop she always comes up to here as she has stuff to get etc.
My blood test results were fine, so my doctor is sending me for a scan to see what's going off. I don't think it's anything serious, I think it's menopausal but my doctor isn't totally convinced as I'm doing the opposite of what menopause usually does but that's usually what I do - the opposite

I'm not at work today so I'm pleased about that. Going to get cleaned up then meeting Lauryn off the bus when she's done at college and taking her for a cuppa.

Brenda me and Lauryn love Harry Potter
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-02-2016, 09:37 AM
Raining hard this morning, not very cold though. Sorted girls out, as I always do, and then I have my brekkie. I was taught the same, get the animals fed, watered and cleaned up, then get your own
Oooh Brenda, LG will be lying down in a darkened room at the thought of farmers and homeopathy, as you know I have used homeopathy myself and I know it works, can't be a placebo, otherwise how would my horses and dogs have responded to it, they have no opinion either way
Thats nice Gorden is home early this week Lynn, maybe you'll get the beds changed over this weekend Have a nice lunch out, you've been doing your demolition work over the week so nice you're having a change
Same to you Mandy, have a nice day off and do what you feel like. There's no hard and fast rule on the menopause really, everyone's different and reacts differently.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone

Nice Gorden is home early this weekend so enjoy your extra time together. Hope lunch is good with Beth Lynn

Enjoy your day off Mandy.

Good morning June and Brenda

Sun has now come out after heavy rain early this morning. Bread made, bedding washed and tumbled and prescription delivered to docs. Barry has had the delivery of a new toy for his pressure washer so is out playing and like a child had clean clothes this morning and is now dirty Oh well more washing for me!

I usually feed my dogs first but they don't worry if we eat first.

Have a good day and stay safe.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 10:03 AM
Morning all. Not quite so nice today, the sky looks a little threatening.
Pepsi has her breakfast, after a short rest when she comes in from her walk and her tea just before us. That way I know she is done and we can relax for the evening!
These weekly shopping days come around so quickly! See you all later xx
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 10:09 AM
http://www.harrypotter.bloomsbury.co...er-book-night/
Just for you Mandy and Lauren. I have my brOomstick primed and the dvd player ready to watch. I just love all of them. Hm LG in a darkened room, can't be a bad thing. What was good enough for the Queen Mum is good enough for me. Off to walk in the sun. Have a good day all and hope those feeling poorly get better soon and others don't get poorly. Anyone know how Eileen is with Lacey?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Mandy, hope the scan will be o.k
Lynn, enjoy your lunch out
Brenda, apparently pigs are as smart as toddlers!
Morning, nippy, moyra and TW
The prescription thing is my Chemo...they were letting me do 3 prescriptions..the nurse put that up from 1, the Dr said i have to be seen after each 1 as they need to keep an eye on my blood results...apparently some people don't go for the tests at all and then the hospital gets on at the Dr..... i go every month without fail. Never mind will get the other stuff sorted too..... as for 7 days between ordering and collecting, i rung my Drs on monday afternoon and fetched my drugs yesterday...the chemist is attached to the Dr though Lol
Guess what, just for a change....i am not going anywhere Lol
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-02-2016, 11:20 AM
Morning all, sounds as if everyone is up and at 'em this morning. Glad to hear you are a fan of "Farming Today" Brenda - generally an informative programme - although like everything else put out by the BBC you have to look carefully for left wing bias. I know it shouldn't be like that, but sadly it is!
Ref farmers and homeopathy - their animals, so it's their choice. There is a famous quote from a vet, which is "They still get better - despite what we do to them!" This to me sums it up. lol ! I think also that there is a popular confusion between herbal medicines (which I have used and still do - finding some of them excellent) and homeopathy which is as I always say a con-trick! I'm in a entrenched position a regards this and there is quite literally nothing that could alter my opinion. It is however, a free world, well at the moment anyway, and if folk want to indulge in the fantastical it's up to them. See! No darkened room needed!
I would like to meet a homeopathically inclined farmer, as I never have, perhaps it's a southern thing. I doubt that you'd get it in someone who's livelihood depends on the production of large quantities of animals or birds, perhaps in a hobby farmer who's income is derived from elsewhere.
Weather here is overcast although thankfully the rain stopped a couple of hours ago. Was hoping for a nice day as the Mem is going down to Wales today to see how things are finishing off down there and I'd prefer it if she was travelling in better weather. She'll be back tonight - although I wanted her to take her time and come back tomorrow.
Off outside again now as the early morning walkies wasn't much of a one and they are all watching me like a hawk to see what is next.
Have a good day everyone, bye fer now.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >