Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 01:25 PM

Still having problems!

Right as you may know I thought I had got daughters computer right the other night but on Sunday when she came to use it - it wouldn't connect again.

I decided to do a full recovery and start from scratch this morning. I installed the Belkin software and it told me to plug the hardware in which I did and then this message keeps coming up and when I click okay it just comes up again - the only way to get rid of it is to unistall the belkin software disc again - which I had to do.

The message that pops up is WLANCFgG.exe has a problem and needs to close So I know its having a problem with the Belkin wotsit but don't know what
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2005, 01:49 PM
some type of execute file..........or start up.
will see what i can find.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by leo
some type of execute file..........or start up.
will see what i can find.

Thanks Leo
shibby69
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:17 PM
hope you get it fixed soon.... my mums best friends boyfreind is 'computer programmy dude' so i could ask him later if you still havent got it fixed?

good luck with it lol
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by shibby69
hope you get it fixed soon.... my mums best friends boyfreind is 'computer programmy dude' so i could ask him later if you still havent got it fixed?

good luck with it lol

Okay, thanks Shibby :smt023
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2005, 03:49 PM
Once again, I'm glad I use a Mac! Macs are tuff beggars, and when they misbehave, you can just kick them

I take it you've done all the usual things, like doing an AV scan (I gather some transmittable "nasties" are .exe format, no doubt someone will correct me ).

Good old Macs won't open .exe files (they're a Windows thing) and they can be trashed automatically.

Snorri
(in The House of Flying Computers)
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
Once again, I'm glad I use a Mac! Macs are tuff beggars, and when they misbehave, you can just kick them

I take it you've done all the usual things, like doing an AV scan (I gather some transmittable "nasties" are .exe format, no doubt someone will correct me ).

Good old Macs won't open .exe files (they're a Windows thing) and they can be trashed automatically.

Snorri
(in The House of Flying Computers)

Thanks Snorri - I have set a scan off to see if it throws anything up - I think it is something in the belkin software that I have now deleted that is causing the problem though
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2005, 05:20 PM
Have you tried drop kicking it straight out of the window foxy?, won't do the PC much good but will make you feel a hell of a lot better
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by annestaff
Have you tried drop kicking it straight out of the window foxy?, won't do the PC much good but will make you feel a hell of a lot better

I have actually Anne Its what I would love to do the most to it
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2005, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I think it is something in the belkin software that I have now deleted that is causing the problem though
Try scanning the Belkin disc as well - there's always the possibility that the disc itself could be infected, even if it isn't the likeliest source.

Failing that, get a geek to help!

Sorry, I can't be of more help; when I was given this Mac, I trashed all the knowledge of PCs that I had!

Snorri
(Macematician)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >