Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2014, 06:22 AM

Morning, Dogsey Daily Thread [Friday]

Morning all - and I do hope it is a better morning for so many people. My television has decided not to work so I have not watched the news and am just trying to catch up with the online newspapers.

Has anyone heard from our Jenny since she said their power had gone off? I actually managed to get to bed early so am rather out of the loop as to what went on later than that.

So I hope everyone is OK - that all two- and four-legged poorlies are better - and hope to hear from Jenny as soon as she can manage it.

Keep safe, warm and dry everyone.
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Morning Malka,

No don't think we did hear anymore from Jenny, hope she is okay.

My job this morning is to go to to the doctors. I can barely move because my hip is so painful. Walking is agony, and I keep getting pins and needles down it so straight to the docs this morning. Someone suggested I may have trapped the sciatic nerve but I'm not sure, I just know I'm in loads of pain and I'm supposed to go to Dundee tonight but at the moment the issue is in doubt. I don't fancy trying to drive cause it's my clutch leg that is affected and in bad weather driving that's the one you need.

Frack! (can't swear so it's the closest)

Anyway, Davie off to school this morning, lets see how he does.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:11 AM
Morning Malka and all,

Amazing red sky out there this morning it looks like the sky is on fire. Its all calm and dry out there at the moment but strong winds and another months rain due today and tonight.
Hope Jenny is ok and someone hears from her soon.

Another day at work for me and then home at 2.30 as after a failed attempt to do my heating earlier this week as they come with no pump, they are coming back today along with pump to hopefully get me up and running. Lets hope after all that we then don't lose the electric in the strong winds and still render me without heating and hot water..

Charly and Ash have a homecheck at 5.15 today with the GSD rescue so fingers crossed for them.

Malka hope you get your tele working again soon. I know how important the distraction of a tele can be when you are disabled. Give the lovely Pereg a hug from me.

Sorry I havn't had time to catch up on everyone but please stay safe and Happy Valentines day to you all, especially those like me who do not have a partner to celebrate it with.

Take care today everyone.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:13 AM
Morning Lorraine
You snuck in there while I was typing. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain. I hope you can get it sorted at the docs today.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:14 AM
Morning Malka morning all
Sorry to hear your tv's on the blink hope it's fixable
Do hope Jenny's ok and power has been restored ,
All poorly are feeling better today along with any doglets
Having slept on and off all evening was then awake till gone 3am only to be woken at 6am with a wet slobbery kiss guess a nanny naps on the cards
Hope it's a better day weather wise for everyone ,and they don't get blown or washed away
Do take extra care stay safe
Huge ((((hugs )))) to all that need them xxxxxx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2014, 07:15 AM
Morning Malka and everyone who follows.

Big red sky this morning not good the rain will be moving up here later. It has already started in the SW I think we are in for a bad day today some worse than others and a wet weekend.
I am hanging onto what the weather men said yesterday although it is is going to be wet for a while longer it is improving and not the storms we have had.

Gorden home tonight till Thursday next week he is going to have a nasty drive home though this evening.

Helena and Jenny Nippy and Jenny stay warm safe and dry.
Sally sorry to hear about Jimmi's paw wouldn't it be good if they could get to the bottom of it you don't sound convinced though.
Eileen hope you are feeling better today.
June hope you are feeling better today too and I bet you missed Fenn this morning.
I hope everyone else is ok and well.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Lorraine - explain it all to the doctor and - going back to a previous thread of yours, mention the myoclonic jerks you get in your sleep which are possibly causing your tiredness. Those could be something as simple as hiccups, ie a total involuntary action whereby muscles contract and a limb just jerks - in hiccups it is the diaphragm. . They do not always wake you but disturb sleep enough that you are not getting the deep relaxing sleep that you need.

As for driving with a leg that possibly cannot control the clutch properly, please do not try it.

I hope the doctor can give you something for the pain - and how is Davie doing now on his new medication?
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Morning Lore MM
Hope the doc can sort the hip out and you feel better soon fingers crossed the heating gets sorted today and all goes well for The home check
Lynn hope Your ok lovely to have Gorden home longer hope he gets home ok
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-02-2014, 07:20 AM
Morning Malka and fellow members,

Finally our power came back on in the early hours of this morning .... we knew it had because our house alarm went off. Thanks for the concern and best wishes. A really hectic day here yesterday with lots of sandbags arriving via the army, police wanting a definitive list of who was still resident, fire and rescue checking what they could do etc etc. Of course this involved my OH dropping sandbags off to residents as there was no other way of getting them to them. The good news is that the levels have come down a good 3 inches ( ) so parts of our grass have again become visible near the back of the barn. Not that I would dare let the dogs down on it because of the disgusting mess that the silt has left. We've been told that the levels will go up again significantly with over an inch of rain due today but to be honest we don't believe a word the EA say any more, so we will just wait and see.

The dog had a nice day yesterday and I had them on dry land for a good 5 hours and again for a half hour late afternoon. Not sure if this link will work, but if it does we are on the right hand side of the island about half way up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-England.html

Flash has refused his breakfast this morning so as soon as OH is up I will get him to take me and dogs up to the top field. This whole situation is getting exceedingly tiresome as it is for so many UK residents whether from flooding, snow, torrential rain or gales .... when will it end

I haven't read through yesterday's later posts but I'll try and catch up later.

I hope Loki has remained fit free and Lacey's mumps aren't causing her too much discomfort

I'll be back as soon as I've sorted the dogs.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-02-2014, 07:24 AM
Morning Lorraine, Norma and Bev.

Lorraine that hip sounds painful good luck at the Docs.
Morning Norma hope you feel better today and get your nanny nap.
Morning Bev good luck to Charly and Ash and with getting the heating back on fancy not turning up with the pump.

Heard on the news the actor who played Pa Walton has died aged 85.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »