View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:18 AM
I wouldnt carry a pooper scooper that was any bigger than the small bags i carry already, i can not see that any disposable pooper scooper would be small, cheap and easily carried in the quantities i would need to carry in all honesty.

And i wouldnt want to be carry an item that require a bag to be loaded onto it every time it needed using.

Although it isnt the most pleasant task i just have to get on a pick up the poo with a bag, and block my mind to it, it just has to be done. One reason i like my medium size springers is the amount of output is usually fairly easily got with one scoop of the hand in a bag!

I cant imagine needing a carrier bag and two hands full! As others have said it isnt the pleasant part of owning a dog but one that you have to get on with, a friend of mine got themselves a pooper scooper contraption which was his pride and joy when he first got his dog and it was just days after i saw him out and about with out it, and have never seen any of the family with the dog and the pooper scooper together, i can only imagine he joined my thoughts that just easier to carry a few small bags or one of the little bag dispensers on the lead.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:19 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
I only like black ones, big and strong.

OMG! Seriously though, hate being able to see the poo through pale bags. Have to be biodegradable too. I wouldn't used the bulky poopa scoops, just prefer bags for convenience.
I like the thick ones, wilko and Tesco do them, unfortunately they're scented though, just makes it smell worse IMO. I have to have thick ones 'cos I have nails - not making that mistake again!

I have thought of a scooper for the garden though.

But to answer your question - although as a dog owner I have to do it -regardless of my dislike..

- The smell, the scented bags make it worse too - if you come up with a solution to that..

- Past scoopers have torn up the grass and not been able to pick up properly.

- How would your's tackle diarrhoea? It's hard to pick up in a strong bag, and when added with plastic teeth either side (general opinion of a scooper) it doesn't make it any easier.

- The size of the scooper - I wouldn't want something too bulky - for the garden/car or on walks...

- Length of the handle? I know some people who are disabled who still walk their dogs yet struggle with bending down to pick it up - or have to get off their mobility scooters to do so..

- A locking device? I've known some of these elderly people - their grasp isn't solid, so thinking about them and scoopers, how would they be able to tie the bag at the end without letting go of the handle which holds the bag?

Sorry - just going through some ideas..
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:26 AM
Well this was the wrong thread to open first thing in the morning
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 07:35 AM
LOL Paws! This thread has just put me right off my marmite on toast!

I have enough to carry when I take the mutts out, no way am I carrying something else (guessing it would need cleaning too (vomit smiley!)
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:06 AM
Think Pedigree have already made something very similar to what you're trying to achieve
http://images.lamp-post.co.uk/prodim...igree/easi.jpg
http://i1.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/c1/b9/6002_2.JPG

Personally I too go with the plain old poo bags (cheap bulk ones from a pound shop or similar - black or coloured ones usually). I have enough things to carry out on walks without adding a bulky poo-picking gadget. I used to be a bit squeamish about the warm poo thing but I've dealt with worse and it doesn't bother me nowadays!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
...[snip]... hate being able to see the poo through pale bags.
Remind me when your baby is due...? Dog poo in a see-through bag is no different, albeit larger, that what you will see when changing your babe's nappies!

[sfx of Malka running away and hiding!]
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:16 AM
I use the cheapo nappy sacks, and as my dogs are raw fed, there poo is rarely squidgy, rarely smelly, well formed nugget like, and rarely big enough to even half fill one of those nappy sacks. It really doesn't bother me picking up poo with a bag. I use a trowel and bucket (with a big bag in) for the garden, just so I don't go through as many poo bags, but again, nice and easy as they're raw fed, so their poo is like nuggets and extremely easy to pick up
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:33 AM
"The only thing i havent yet got the idea of is using anything other than the black bags, not quite sure about using the see through nappy sacks yet, but they are so much cheaper the way my budget is going i may well have to get my head around that very soon."

^^^^ this.
I changed from the black ones to nappy sacks and they're far too thin and feel pretty unpleasant to use, and whilst I don't mind being able to see my dogs poo, I'm not sure others feel the same as I'm jauntily swinging the bag! lol
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:35 AM
....and another thing, why do people bother to pick up the poo then dump the bag in the bushes? grrrr
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2011, 08:38 AM
stoopid teenagers going euw!!!!!!
And self-righteous mums glaring at you
and helpful passers by refusing to believe that your dog just had a widdle. Look mate, bitches squat, right? It`s not my fault you need new glasses......
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »