Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Same as our Tigger, he used to suffer terribly
Horrible isn't it? I keep pro-kolin in the cupboard now so I can try to help straight away, it's saved me a few vet visits now. I've found mash potato works better than chicken and rice as well, if anything c&r just made them worse. After a couple of days I add in a bit of chicken or white fish, if they tolerate then I start swapping them back to normal food.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:35 PM
I hope that Cain picks up quickly Amanda. Keep us updated please.

Originally Posted by Wyrekin View Post
Horrible isn't it? I keep pro-kolin in the cupboard now so I can try to help straight away, it's saved me a few vet visits now. I've found mash potato works better than chicken and rice as well, if anything c&r just made them worse. After a couple of days I add in a bit of chicken or white fish, if they tolerate then I start swapping them back to normal food.
Thanks for the tip re mashed potato, don't think I have ever tried that.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh poor Cain that poo doesn't look nice at all, better out than in though, it does look like it could be colitis, zeke used to suffer and had bloody stools, but i'm no expert, if that was either of my dogs and it doesn't get better tomorrow's first poo of the day i'd get him to the vets. Not been anywhere near any rat poison has he, keisha got a bit once and she was as you describe Cain?
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I hope that Cain picks up quickly Amanda. Keep us updated please.

Thanks for the tip re mashed potato, don't think I have ever tried that.
No problem it's one I've found works, others have recommended scrambled eggs but I tend to only feed this once to bung them up But only with one of my dogs as, again, it just made the others worse.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 08:27 PM
I've emailed a photo through to my vet (regular occurrence given Cain's hate of vets) and asked for her opinion. I'll see what she says tomorrow and if necessary I'll take him in. I'm not aware of him getting at any rat poison or anything harmful, but that's not to say he hasn't managed to sneak something behind my back

He just did another very small amount of reddish poo like above. He seems a little perkier in himself. He came over for a cuddle and he's busy playing with his favourite squeaky bunny toy. He has just eaten the other hand of the turkey mince with some slippery elm powder on it.

I'm still unsure whether I should treat him with Advocate in case or worms or not??
Jen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post

I'm still unsure whether I should treat him with Advocate in case or worms or not??
I'd leave it until you've heard back from the vets just incase it upsets him further, especially since he's perked up a bit.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

10-07-2012, 08:32 PM
It doesn't look like worms but it certainly doesn't look ok either - I would take him to the vets, but as you've emailed and they're probably shut now anyway, see what they say when they get back to you - if you haven't heard within an hour or two of them opening up I'd give them a ring.
Kiing
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2012, 08:49 PM
Hope whatever it is gets sorted quickly, doesn't look pleasant!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 08:55 PM
I have seen that once before at the kennels - it was a dog with colitis.

I am not saying obviously, that that is what Cain has because only the vet can do that - but it does look suspiciously like it.

Poor Cain, but thank goodness there is no blockage.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:04 PM
Poor Cain Hope he makes a speedy recovery!
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »