View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2009, 10:39 AM
Many thanks everyone. Unfortunately, she's had more since!! I thought they were going away!! 12 in total now. She is just after another one, just 40 minutes after the previous one.

I called the vet, who was busy, but he called me back. Told him how many she had and the fact they weren't lasting as long. He said to increase her Phenobarb to 3 in the morning, 3 in the evening, the same tomorrow and on Monday 3 in the morning and 2 in the evening! I will do that and see if that helps her. He said he didn't think she needed to be brought in but to wait and see what the case may be by Monday!

She is lying on the floor beside me panting away. That stresses me out. Thankfully the stiffness has gone out of all her legs now. She was crying again and I think she sat up and her left side legs were too stiff and it perhaps was painful for her.

She looked up at me as though to say, this is all your fault !!

Many thanks each one of you for all your lovely messages, they do help me. I get so upset, just as all whose pets are under the weather.

Take care and Loki sends doggy hugs to you all
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 10:42 AM
Poor baby, and poor you, I just don't know how I would cope...it must be so heartbreaking to see it happening and be unable to do anything.

Thinking of you xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 11:01 AM
Poor Loki and you. It is not your fault - you didn't breed from dogs with epilepsy in their lines! You are as much a victim as Loki is. I'm just so sorry that this is happening again, although 7 months fit free was excellent.

I'm glad the vet was able to advise you and I hope and pray that she doesn't have to be taken in.

xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 11:52 AM
So very sorry to hear Loki is still fitting Rose. Hope it all eases for you both soon. Big hugs from us and wags and licks from Cassie xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Poor little Loki, and she wasn't thinking that Rose when she looked up at you either, she was saying "thankyou mum for helping me out with all this"!!!

I do hope you've now got it totally under control Rose and that there'll be no more for a very long time. Let's hope you don't even have to go to the vet on Monday coz she'll be right as rain again after a long,long rest which I'm sure she needs now.

Take care, you get your head down too, coz all this stress and worry you're under is knackering, you must be exhausted! Zena sends some very special kisses and Georgie sends lots of slobbery licks to you both.xxxxxx
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Aw many thanks Scorpio, Linda, LH and Helena. At the moment Loki is sleeping. Just after more ice cream, tuna in Sunflower oil mixed in with her turkey and veg kibble (what a combination but she likes it) - she scoffed the lot.

She took fits at 11.20 am and 12.10 pm. I hope she sleeps it all off her.

I agree with you Linda - I just wish I could get my hands on the breeder who bred from an epileptic dog!! Those breeders give all good breeders a bad name!! Those types of breeders are only in it for the money and to heck with the pups bred - who have to live a lifetime of fits. It is disgraceful and I do feel bitter about it.

I was also shedding tears today again for Eunice; as Eunice always called me when Loki was fitting and talked to me and would keep on calling until Loki's fits went away. So very sad. I miss you Eunice xx

Again, everyone, many many thanks for all your lovely words of support and thanks to all your lovely pets for the cuddles to me and Loki.

Take care xxx

Will let you know how Loki is as the day goes on.
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-06-2009, 12:41 PM
It's a nightmare when a doggie who has been fit-free for a while gets smacked by it again - there is a perfectly natural inclination to think it is cured. Unfortunately, epilepsy is not curable, but merely controllable. We managed to keep Snorri-dog fit free for periods of years, but it always came back.

The consolation is that Doggy doesn't feel anything during the episode, although he/she may very well feel confused after it.
There are many good websites which offer advice and sympathy: if you look in the Dogsey articles section, you'll find links to some of them.

It's the first I've heard of rectubes not working, but I suppose that, like so many other things, it varies from dog to dog.

All the best to all concerned

Snorri
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 01:13 PM
Aww Rose, big huge hugs for you and Loki, hope it eases off soon and she has a peaceful night.

take care,
big hugs
dani
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:38 PM
OMG how awful having all those fits, you must feel so helpless seeing her go through this again & again.

It sickens me that people breed from dogs with full knowledge that this could be passed onto their progency They should be made to see in person how distressing it is to see them fitting, perhaps then they would think twice about it & not just thinking about the dosh.

Huge hugs to you, it must be utterly exhausting to see her go through all this. Hope the fits stop soon xxxxxxx
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2009, 03:44 PM
I had been keeping everything crossed that it would be a one off, so sorry shes having so many, huge hugs..

just to show how ignorant I am, why does she get ice-cream kibble and meat after a fit?
Page 5 of 12 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »