View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 04:42 PM
i love the secret cuddles i get in bed when hubby is on the nite shift (from my dogs of course)
and the way they always greet me like they ain,t seen me for a week
i just love everything about my dogs :smt049 :smt049 :smt049
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 04:48 PM
The friendship.

Knowing that you have a companion there who will love you when it feels like nobody else does.

This is a bit personal, but I'm ill and because I've been ill in the past, I'm not the most outgoing, chatty person and am older than my years a lot of the time. I can also be impatient/tetchy unfortunately because of pain. I don't get on with people at college or other people my age just because I'm different.
My animals don't see my illness.
They don't mind/see that I'm different to other people.
They love me for who I am, not what I am.

I sat with Takara last night and for the first full night, she just made me laugh all night. I went to bed with a really great sense of happiness.
Before I've had to tell her 'no' or take her for 'time out' for biting which isn't the pleasant part. But last night she was as good as gold, she was funny and made me laugh. We had loads of cuddles and giggles and for the first time really, I saw what we'll become. Best of Friends.
Linda57
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2005, 04:53 PM
I know it sounds daft, but I like the crazyness when I am trying to get all the right leads and collars on all the right dogs, and put on my coat and walking boots at the same time.

Told you it was daft......

Linda
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lottie
The friendship.

Knowing that you have a companion there who will love you when it feels like nobody else does.

This is a bit personal, but I'm ill and because I've been ill in the past, I'm not the most outgoing, chatty person and am older than my years a lot of the time. I can also be impatient/tetchy unfortunately because of pain. I don't get on with people at college or other people my age just because I'm different.
My animals don't see my illness.
They don't mind/see that I'm different to other people.
They love me for who I am, not what I am.

I sat with Takara last night and for the first full night, she just made me laugh all night. I went to bed with a really great sense of happiness.
Before I've had to tell her 'no' or take her for 'time out' for biting which isn't the pleasant part. But last night she was as good as gold, she was funny and made me laugh. We had loads of cuddles and giggles and for the first time really, I saw what we'll become. Best of Friends.
I know what you mean exactly - the pain part of things, I am a bit like you.

Ian
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2005, 05:19 PM
The teamwork
The loyalty
The trust
The exercise
doesn`t matter what you do they will always accept you that way
many more
G.e.m
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-09-2005, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Linda57
I know it sounds daft, but I like the crazyness when I am trying to get all the right leads and collars on all the right dogs, and put on my coat and walking boots at the same time.

Told you it was daft......

Linda
I know what you mean, makes you laugh doesn't it?!?!
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

13-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Aww it's so nice reading all you reasons I think your dogs are really lucky to have such brill owners like you
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ozzysmom
Too much to list! But primarily the undevoted, unselfish and unflailing love they give you, the way they are always happy to see you (greatest feeling on earth is when you have had a crappy day at work and your dog greets you like you are his God when you come home!!). That they adore the slightest pat on their heads like your touch is majic.

The company and comfort they give, the sympathetic lick on your face when you are upset, they make me laugh with their antics - I JUST LOVE DOGS!!!
You said it all!
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2005, 06:00 PM
When first I came here, I found myself sitting in Snorri Mansions on my own for most of the time. I'd see Mrs S for about 5 minutes in the morning before she went to work all day. The only other face was the occasional visit from the postman (now retired, he was a dour guy who never said a word). So I got Kali and gave him the job description "to be my friend and companion", and he took to it like a rat up a greasy pipe. Something living to talk to and interact with. He got me out walking in the area, and occasionally, down to the village for a pint, where he got people talking.

He seems to think I'm the greatest thing since (and including) sliced bread: I'm not, but he thinks so, and that's good enough for me!

He's getting on a bit now; he has given me his whole life, for which I will always be grateful. He is, undoubtedly, the best birthday present I've ever had. Unbeatable, and irreplaceable.

Snorri
:smt049
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2005, 06:01 PM
the best part of having my dogs is the unconditional love they give me
the way they lick me when i'm sad
the way they make me take them for walks
even when i'm in agony
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »