Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by dogdragoness View Post
See, although I don't agree with his methods, I also don't think that he feels that way about dogs. The dogs in his pack seem happy enough & well balanced. They have lotsa enrichment in their area & all seem to be well taken care of.
A lot of the dogs in his 'pack' wear electric collars!! I've seen the evidence on film myself, that's how he keeps them in control and they are not well balanced. Did you not see or read about the episode where he put a dog aggressive pitbull in with his group where upon an almighty fight broke out and he had to separate all the dogs, what idiot puts a dog aggressive dog in with loads of other dogs and think nothing will happen, that shows a complete lack of understanding of dog behaviour both for the poor dog who must have been petrified being stuck in with a loads of others and the workings of the minds of other dogs used to living in a group!
Becky
Mad Huskies
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:34 PM
No is not a strong enough word!

NO!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 06:49 PM
This thread is resurrected on a regular basis by someone who says they don`t use his methods and swings from being anti to mildly disapproving.
Is there any point continuing?
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
no x
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I would say no!!

My dog is a three and half month old cocker spaniel I think his techniques would scar her for life, maybe if I had a larger dog/staff/pit tye breed maybe then that had a serious behaviour problem.

But I do love watching the show and feel may people over react about the whole kicking/nudging whatever you want to call it , its just a show after all if you don't like him don't watch it and moan about it.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
I would say no!!

My dog is a three and half month old cocker spaniel I think his techniques would scar her for life, maybe if I had a larger dog/staff/pit tye breed maybe then that had a serious behaviour problem.

But I do love watching the show and feel may people over react about the whole kicking/nudging whatever you want to call it , its just a show after all if you don't like him don't watch it and moan about it.
The problem is other people watch him and follow his methods - not just on their dogs but on all dogs they meet because they think what he says is lore
So I have to watch so I can understand and preempt people trying to pssst, nudge, hand bite or pin to the floor
They could get themselves really injured and they just dont know why
pippam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
The problem is other people watch him and follow his methods - not just on their dogs but on all dogs they meet because they think what he says is lore
So I have to watch so I can understand and preempt people trying to pssst, nudge, hand bite or pin to the floor
They could get themselves really injured and they just dont know why

Makes sense
Do people really do that???? o,o
But then you could say the same about any animal behaviourist seen on tv people are likely to copy them I watch cesar and find him fasinating but like i say i wouldnt use his techniques because he is the dog behaviourist and im not.
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by pippam View Post
Makes sense
But then you could say the same about any animal behaviourist seen on tv people are likely to copy them I watch cesar and find him fasinating but like i say i wouldnt use his techniques because he is the dog behaviourist and im not.
All the time
I was visiting a friend a couple of years before I had a dog and she was looking after a really cute friendly dog who bounced all over us when we came into the room
A guy with us took the dogs scruff and pinned him to the floor - and because all we knew at the time was what had been on TV the rest of us all assumed he knew loads about dogs and it was the right thing to do

Also when I first got Mia and she was having a meltdown at another dog a lady beside me (before I could stop her) made the psst and the hand jabby thing on Mia - only with quick pulling on the lead did I prevent the lady getting bit - and Mia is not people agressive at all

and, errm CM isnt a behaviorist - he has no qualifications at all
but I am glad you wont be using his methods
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Oh yeah, people won't hesitate to psst and jab someone elses dog in the neck. It's stupid and dangerous and could well end up getting a dog killed because it retaliates.
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
All the time
I was visiting a friend a couple of years before I had a dog and she was looking after a really cute friendly dog who bounced all over us when we came into the room
A guy with us took the dogs scruff and pinned him to the floor - and because all we knew at the time was what had been on TV the rest of us all assumed he knew loads about dogs and it was the right thing to do

Also when I first got Mia and she was having a meltdown at another dog a lady beside me (before I could stop her) made the psst and the hand jabby thing on Mia - only with quick pulling on the lead did I prevent the lady getting bit - and Mia is not people agressive at all

and, errm CM isnt a behaviorist - he has no qualifications at all
but I am glad you wont be using his methods
Some people are so rude (and stupid).I hope you told her where to stick her stupid "psst"
Page 31 of 32 « First < 21 28 29 30 31 32 >