View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 02:59 PM
omg, the animal wardens were here; have citations, she was put into quarantine for 10 days as her rabies shot just expired; and then have deem her VICIOUS; if i didn't do this, it would cost about $1,000 to do all the necessary requirements, fines and citations, and then she would be confined to the house; if she is seen outside, then thats really it; cannot handle more!!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:06 PM
So they have taken her away now?

I'm so sorry Alex but it does sound like the decision has been made.

You will recover. I didn't think I would recover when I lost my last dog but time moves along.

Originally Posted by alex1098 View Post
omg, the animal wardens were here; have citations, she was put into quarantine for 10 days as her rabies shot just expired; and then have deem her VICIOUS; if i didn't do this, it would cost about $1,000 to do all the necessary requirements, fines and citations, and then she would be confined to the house; if she is seen outside, then thats really it; cannot handle more!!
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:07 PM
thank you; i am so glad i joined and will share pix of this normally kind natured dog; i think the sob's that bred her father, where doing inbreeding and ultimately may have given her an aggressive gene towards humans. i don't know the technical logo, so going with what i think. it just makes me sooo mad. thanks again, l
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:10 PM
Alex - she was very lucky to have had you give her a home. You've fed her, loved her and kept her warm - you gave her a good life.

To have kept her would have caused you and her so many problems.

I'm so sorry this is going to be a very tough week for you.

thank you; i am so glad i joined and will share pix of this normally kind natured dog; i think the sob's that bred her father, where doing inbreeding and ultimately may have given her an aggressive gene towards humans. i don't know the technical logo, so going with what i think. it just makes me sooo mad. thanks again, l
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:11 PM
yes, they took her in for a 10 day quarantine; i can get her back out, but she is now considered VICIOUS and the the fines and total costs of what it would be is about $1,000 just this month; i could be broke for a couple months, but don't want something like this to ever happen again to another person; and she would confined to the house; no more runs with my husband on his bike and her running beside him. breaks my heart...
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:16 PM
I dont think having your dog put to sleep for what you have described is necessary.I feel that your dog was protecting it self from this person who was kicking at her.

I look after an Akita for some people who live near to me.This dog is very unpredictable and has attacked its own owners on several occasions.With me the dog is fine although i never turn my back on it.The answer for this dog is lots and lots of exercise and very little other interaction at all.The dog is now happy living like this.When it first came to me,it appeared depressed.I have to control everything about this dog life,from where and when it can pee,what and when it can eat,when it can sleep.If ever im in doubt about something it wears a muzzle.I tell you all this because this dog was on its way to be put to sleep when its owners asked the vets if there was anything else to do.The vet suggested that they talk to me.This dog does not have normal pet dog life but it is still alive and is actually happy.

I think you need to take control of your dogs life and use a muzzle whenever it is out of your house.Try to find one that is as deep as possible so your dog can open its mouth as wide as possible.Like this your dog can exercise normally as it will be able to pant normally.Dogs can also drink with this type of muzzle.I would also have this dog on a leash attached to you the whole time you are at home.This will prevent these accidents happening.When you are not at home,the dog needs to be in a crate or extremely secure kennel.Do you have a good dog trainer or even behaviourist in your area?As you dont have anywhere secure to allow your dog to let of some of that energy,you need to do lots of exercise,maybe running with you or cycling with you.The akita gets at least 1 hour of running each and every day.when its too hot she goes swimming instead.I wish you luck with your dog and please dont give up yet.There are things that you can still do.
Balas mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:18 PM
Im sorry,i have just seen you last few posts.Im very sorry for you.
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi Balas mum - very well said. I too felt it was unecessary to put this dog down but when I re-read Alex's initial post it seems she has lost confidence in her dog and on top of that the authorities seem to be putting a lot of restriction on the movement of the dog.

I've been playfully bitten many times by my own dog and suffered bruising and broken skin.

I felt really quite moved by your work with this Akita.

Originally Posted by Balas mum View Post
I dont think having your dog put to sleep for what you have described is necessary.I feel that your dog was protecting it self from this person who was kicking at her.

I look after an Akita for some people who live near to me.This dog is very unpredictable and has attacked its own owners on several occasions.With me the dog is fine although i never turn my back on it.The answer for this dog is lots and lots of exercise and very little other interaction at all.The dog is now happy living like this.When it first came to me,it appeared depressed.I have to control everything about this dog life,from where and when it can pee,what and when it can eat,when it can sleep.If ever im in doubt about something it wears a muzzle.I tell you all this because this dog was on its way to be put to sleep when its owners asked the vets if there was anything else to do.The vet suggested that they talk to me.This dog does not have normal pet dog life but it is still alive and is actually happy.

I think you need to take control of your dogs life and use a muzzle whenever it is out of your house.Try to find one that is as deep as possible so your dog can open its mouth as wide as possible.Like this your dog can exercise normally as it will be able to pant normally.Dogs can also drink with this type of muzzle.I would also have this dog on a leash attached to you the whole time you are at home.This will prevent these accidents happening.When you are not at home,the dog needs to be in a crate or extremely secure kennel.Do you have a good dog trainer or even behaviourist in your area?As you dont have anywhere secure to allow your dog to let of some of that energy,you need to do lots of exercise,maybe running with you or cycling with you.The akita gets at least 1 hour of running each and every day.when its too hot she goes swimming instead.I wish you luck with your dog and please dont give up yet.There are things that you can still do.
alex1098
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:26 PM
you are really awesome; but as i said, its not the first time; if it was, i would think differently; and the LAW here is strict; i cannot take the horrible chance of a little kid getting bit, GOD FORBID she ever get out; again, i am scared and don't trust her any more. i hate to feel and even write it, but i have to deal with the truth!!
Baxter8
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-03-2013, 03:27 PM
Alex - you are being very very brave and very responsible. It must be so painful.

you are really awesome; but as i said, its not the first time; if it was, i would think differently; and the LAW here is strict; i cannot take the horrible chance of a little kid getting bit, GOD FORBID she ever get out; again, i am scared and don't trust her any more. i hate to feel and even write it, but i have to deal with the truth!!
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »