Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fluffypup
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-12-2009, 04:13 PM

Do you persevere or give up?

We've walked in the same park ever since my boy was a pup and sometimes we meet a particular German Shepherd which charges at him and goes for him and the owner does nothing. We've had words before but this evening it developed into a real shouting match as his dog crossed the park (both his and mine off lead but mine minding his own business) and attacked him to the floor. I'm afraid I lost it and was whacking the dog with my lead as it had Boris pinned to the floor and he was screaming. The owner didn't even apologize (as usual) but did come out with rubbish like "he only does it to your dog". Complete lies as I know at least two other dogs the same thing has happened to. My question is do you persevere and keep walking there (even though I think this dog's aggression is escalating) or just give up and go somewhere else? At the moment I feel like I can't walk there any more
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 04:18 PM
Sorry to hear this, I hope your dog is okay? This person is being a bully and total thug by allowing his dog to run up to others and attack.

Personally, I would avoid the park if this moron continually walks there, only because I wouldn't want my dog to get attacked again and the chances are it will if he is a regular visitor. I know idiots like him should not spoil your enjoyment, but I'd sooner find an alternative walk than risk having my dog being hurt or become fearful.

Have you reported this to the police? If not I certainly would, this person needs to be held accountable for his dog being off-lead and attacking. He obviously has either no control or is not willing to control it, this is a dangerous situation Hell, I hate people like this - they should be banned from owing a dog, he is totally irresponsible.
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:06 PM
id report it to the police/ dog warden every single time. If you dont want to do that then stop walking there, dont put your dog at risk
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:08 PM
I'd avoid the park and report the ar$ewhole!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Sounds horrible!
Some owners have blinkered views of their dogs - I have seen a guys dog flip another dog up in the air - but he still swears that she has a great temprament and would be good for Mia and her to get together in a garden or other enclosed space so they can sort out their differences !

I would deff avoid that place and that person - its your job to protect your boy and too many attacks and he might get hurt or learn to be agressive

and I agree if you have tried talking and the owner is an a$$ then speaking to the police or the dog warden is needed
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Definitely report him to the police. His behaviour is unacceptable and is giving messages to his dog that this IS acceptable. What an idiot.
Hope your baby is ok
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:42 PM
I think you should report him to the dog warden, as even if he believes that his dog "only does it to your dog," then he is still irresponsible for not putting his dog on lead when he sees you as he knows his dog doesnt like yours??

So he is being really irresponsible and perhaps a visit fronm the dog warden will help him to see what an idiot he is being...

hope your dog is ok.
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I'd go somewhere else, you dont want your walk to be spoilt by a persistent moron. Your dog will pick up on your anxiety too and it will cease to be a pleasurable experience for both of you.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Why not just change the time of your walk? I find people tend to stick to a routine which makes it easy to avoid them.
Oherwise I`d put my dog back on the lead when his dog appears and tell him you will phone the police if his dog kicks off.
Annajayne
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-12-2009, 07:14 PM
How awful for you. I go on a different walk now. The woman I was meeting had two powerful dogs off lead she couldn't control and I was worried for Eddie's safety and my own. I did phone the dog warden and he had had other complaints about her but he wasn't very helpful, I have been told she is still around with them running off lead.

Change your time, if you can, or go elsewhere. It is a shame to spoil a nice walk with idiots around you that cannot see reason.

Sorry this has happened to you. xx
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >