Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:43 PM

Designer dogs.....

A website advert...

Designer dogs & crossbreeds :Westiepoo, Cockapoo, Shihpoo, Cav X Shihtzu, Labradoodle, Maltipoo, Various Chihuauha X, Pomeranian X, Scottie X, Cairn Terrier

Dogs for stud :Basset Hound, Beagle, Bichon Frise,Chihuahua, Cockerpoo, Cocker Spaniel, Daschund Miniature, Schnauzer, Pomeranian Poodle, Poodle, Pug, Shih Tzu, Yorkie.

Pedigree Puppies :West Highland Terriers (Westies), Boxers, Pomeranians, Labradors, Beagles, Scottish Terriers (Scotties), Shihtzu's, Cocker Spaniels, Bassets Hounds ready to go now..

What on earth is this place??? So so sad that people are doing this when there are soooo many dogs in rescue!

It was the 'designer breeds' that really got me!

taz_in_2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Don't even get me started on this subject it makes my blood boil, if its for the good of allergies etc then i'm all for it but just to sell them off to make money is just pure greed... grrrr!!!

Edit: and to add half these dogs are not health tested, no score tests nothing, and then you get the stupider ones that think because they have two pedigree dogs of different kinds it makes these dogs special, they are crossbreeds pure and simple
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by taz_in_2001 View Post
Don't even get me started on this subject it makes my blood boil, if its for the good of allergies etc then i'm all for it but just to sell them off to make money is just pure greed... grrrr!!!

Edit: and to add half these dogs are not health tested, no score tests nothing, and then you get the stupider ones that think because they have two pedigree dogs of different kinds it makes these dogs special, they are crossbreeds pure and simple
Yep i saw one advertised the other day as 75% purebred and 25% crossbred! Errr,
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I adopted a pup from the Dogs Trust 4 weeks ago, and my vet informs me that she is a Puggle. He has one himself apparently. Pug x Beagle.

I have been told that she is a Designer Dog!!! What a load of twaddle!!!

I have looked on various sites, and they are flogging them for between £500 & £1000!!!!! Apparently they have an immense amount of disabilities because these so called breeders use the pug bitch. It must always be the Beagle Bitch.

My Beagle X is absolutely adorable!!!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rubster View Post
A website advert...

Designer dogs & crossbreeds :Westiepoo, Cockapoo, Shihpoo, Cav X Shihtzu, Labradoodle, Maltipoo, Various Chihuauha X, Pomeranian X, Scottie X, Cairn Terrier

Dogs for stud :Basset Hound, Beagle, Bichon Frise,Chihuahua, Cockerpoo, Cocker Spaniel, Daschund Miniature, Schnauzer, Pomeranian Poodle, Poodle, Pug, Shih Tzu, Yorkie.

Pedigree Puppies :West Highland Terriers (Westies), Boxers, Pomeranians, Labradors, Beagles, Scottish Terriers (Scotties), Shihtzu's, Cocker Spaniels, Bassets Hounds ready to go now..

What on earth is this place??? So so sad that people are doing this when there are soooo many dogs in rescue!

It was the 'designer breeds' that really got me!

Puppy farm or puppy dealer
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:34 PM
I've had to look again as I couldnt believe what I was seeing...so many different litters of pups ready now from £450 upwards & thats just for the labradors.

I've just googled & there has been alot of complaints about this place & also defending themselves saying they aren't a puppy farm...well what else would you call it!! Grrrr
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrr

Makes me very angry too. It must be a puppy farm. These people don't give a damn about health testing or producing dogs that will be able to live healthy, happy lives.

So far at our local park I have met a 'jug' (Pug x Jack Russell), several 'cockapoos', a 'goldendoodle', several 'cavapoos', and of course the ever-present ''labradoodles'.

The 'jug' was one of THE weirdest dogs I have ever seen, frankly.
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Isn't it well known that these sort of places sell an enormous amount of poorly puppies due to mum being overbred??

This sort of malpractice really angers me
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 05:54 PM
That sounds like ALOT of dogs - and yes all silly crosses to make money.
The crossing is one thing (actually doesn't bother me TOO much although I know many disagree), it is more that these dogs are not bred for temprement or love, just money and to fill a gap in the market. Parents are not health checked etc either usually. Also doesnt seem right to me when they would breed 2 completley incompatible dogs together.

Saw an ad up in my local PAH recently advertising various crosses. All from the same person, all puppies around 8 weeks. That doesn't seem like responsible breeding either.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2011, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
The 'jug' was one of THE weirdest dogs I have ever seen, frankly.
You obviously haven't come across a pug x border terrier before - it's a wirehaired pug basically - not the prettiest of creatures either...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >