Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:29 PM

New Kid on the block

I have today become the proud owner of a nearly 5 year old Border Collie Cross. He was in a very loving home (had him since March 07) but unfortunately was left on his own all day and sometimes evenings and wasn't getting any walks whatsoever. His owner had three jobs, her husband recently left her and she felt so guilty that he was not getting the stimulation he required. He was originally a rescue having been thrown out of a car when he was 5 months old. Anyway, although a little concerned about upsetting my other two I agreed to take him on and he arrived at 1.45 today. He is adorable, rather overweight for obvious reasons, but with a permanently waggy tail and just wants lots of cuddles. My Saluki is a bit wary but I am sure she will come round and although Meggie my staffie cross is fine his energy and boistrousness is a bit of a shock. He ate his dinner in about 3 seconds and we have been out to the playing field where he has met all the locals (mainly King Charles , labs and the odd mutt and he loved it. All the dogs loved him and he was off lead and came immediately when called. He has now cleared out the toy basket which hasn't been touched since my BC died last November and going through them one by one. I had forgotten what it was like to have a young BC in the house Will post some pics in the right section later.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
I have today become the proud owner of a nearly 5 year old Border Collie Cross. He was in a very loving home (had him since March 07) but unfortunately was left on his own all day and sometimes evenings and wasn't getting any walks whatsoever. His owner had three jobs, her husband recently left her and she felt so guilty that he was not getting the stimulation he required. He was originally a rescue having been thrown out of a car when he was 5 months old. Anyway, although a little concerned about upsetting my other two I agreed to take him on and he arrived at 1.45 today. He is adorable, rather overweight for obvious reasons, but with a permanently waggy tail and just wants lots of cuddles. My Saluki is a bit wary but I am sure she will come round and although Meggie my staffie cross is fine his energy and boistrousness is a bit of a shock. He ate his dinner in about 3 seconds and we have been out to the playing field where he has met all the locals (mainly King Charles , labs and the odd mutt and he loved it. All the dogs loved him and he was off lead and came immediately when called. He has now cleared out the toy basket which hasn't been touched since my BC died last November and going through them one by one. I had forgotten what it was like to have a young BC in the house Will post some pics in the right section later.
How lovely of you to take him
Sounds like he's settling nicely, can't wait to see him, what's his name?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:33 PM
Congratulations, he sounds a sweetie
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
How lovely of you to take him
Sounds like he's settling nicely, can't wait to see him, what's his name?
His name is Bobbie which I wasn't too fond of but think it will have to stay as he responds to it so well.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
His name is Bobbie which I wasn't too fond of but think it will have to stay as he responds to it so well.
Bobbie is nice "Bobbie The Border Collie" - it fits
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 06:50 PM
Aww welcome home Bobbie. Well done for taking him in and I look forward to some pics!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:14 PM
Congratulations and well done on giving Bobby a home.
I have seen his pic he looks a lovely chap and I like his name.
I'm sure Jasmine will get used to him and come round eventually.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

07-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Aww good on you for rescuing him Sue - he sounds lovely, post pics soon!
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:17 PM
Thanks All. Jasmine is definitely doing her aloof Saluki think but she is also a little nervous as he is so bouncy. Still playing with his toys.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-05-2011, 07:20 PM
well done for giving this wee chap a home - hope all goes well and that you all have many happy years together.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >