View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Just a quick update, she's made it into the house and onto her new bed so i think she'll be there for the night.

She has new antibiotics to take, new painkillers and tramadol which i think is a sedative

Thanks again for all your well wishes and help xx
EgyptGal
Almost a Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 06:01 PM
Hope she and you have a good night and she feels brighter 2moro x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:35 PM
Hope you all have a good night with her, poor little girlie, it's so awful seeing them like this and blaming ourselves, but I'm sure she'll bounce back tomorrow just as they always do, good luck with her now.xx
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-01-2011, 07:57 PM
She's slept constantly since she come home, well she got up and took about 8 steps and is now lying on the floor and sleeping there Im hoping to get her back on her nice comfy bed before bedtime but my husband will be sleeping downstairs with her just incase xx
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Just to let you all know that Morgan appears to be doing really well. I was devasted after my last post as she wouldnt move for 3 hours and i honestly thought she wouldnt pull through.... but she got up, had some food, had a drink and went to sleep on her bed and never had any accidents. She never had any accidents last night either which im chuffed about and she seems in good spirits.

I'm slightly confused as her op was just to take the biopsies and to remove some tumors not to actually fix the problem but her peeing seems to have stopped and she now lets us know when she wants out... strange.

xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 11:20 AM
So glad to hear Morgan is feeling better which must be such a relief. Maybe the antibiotics have finally done their job. xx
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 02:08 PM
I hope so Sue

She goes back to the vet for a check up tomorrow xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Awww pleased to hear she's on the mend and as Sue has said, it's probably the ab's which have cleared up her infection. All the best for the next vet visit and let's hope the biopsies come back benign, all paws crossed for her in this houuse.
NicolaG
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Thank you girls

My only concern with her just now is that her back end keeps slipping today, its happened 4 times. She has hip dysplsia and her hips are bad but im hoping its just the effects of this op and the tramadol.

I'll ask the vet about it tomorrow xx
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-01-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by NicolaG View Post
Thank you girls

My only concern with her just now is that her back end keeps slipping today, its happened 4 times. She has hip dysplsia and her hips are bad but im hoping its just the effects of this op and the tramadol.

I'll ask the vet about it tomorrow xx
As well as hip dysplasia, German Shepherds are sadly prone to something called CDRM, it might be worth looking to see if the symptoms match, so you can go armed with some information and an idea of what questions to ask.
http://www.provet.co.uk/health/diseases/cdrm.htm
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >