View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-09-2011, 09:19 AM

What is the worst dog related advert you have seen ??

Following on from SLB's post i wondered what the worst dog related advert you have seen ?...
Mine would be someone trying to swap a staff for a moped ..
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:32 AM
That would be a bad one Murf - some stupid people.

I've seen people wanting to swap one sort of dog for another before..

(ATM I'd swap my dogs for a good bloomin giant cupcake!! GRRR - only joking of course)
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:42 AM
The begging ads on Preloved make me cringe a bit....e.g, "My three year old daughter has a birthday coming up and would really love a Boston Terrier/Frenchie/Pug, but I can only afford to pay £50"
Why do thy never just want a cute mutt?
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
The begging ads on Preloved make me cringe a bit....e.g, "My three year old daughter has a birthday coming up and would really love a Boston Terrier/Frenchie/Pug, but I can only afford to pay £50"
The worst are the ones that are "We are looking for such and such - free to a good home please"
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 10:51 AM
yeah mine would be wanting to swap a cant remember the exact breed but was a large/giant breed, for a smaller breed like a chi because the dog grew too big

or the ones that are new baby forces sale, those really rile me especially when its a 14 week old pup or a dog they have had for years (well any dog really) i know there are genuine cases such as baby is allergic, but for the amount of people using this as an excuse to get rid of the dog GRRR

or this one which i have just seen today which was posted yesterday

9months old very big dog, needs big walks, house trained, too boisterous for young kids, because of size and weight, full K.C registered, cost £700 will accept no less than £150 needs to go as moving australia.
its the reason that annoys me

there are far too many
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Actually, it's got me thinking.
Do you reckon I could place an ad?

"Cute male terrier x wanted, can't pay, but will swap for two lazy teenage boys (almost) housetrained, I will throw in a couple of xboxes and they'll be very quiet, only need bathing once a month, no need to exercise, they're thumbs are in amazing condition"
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
Yeah...it's never the parent wanting the specific pedigree breed whose puppies they could sell for hundreds or who they could stud out, it's always the small child who probably wouldn't know what an *insert breed*was if it bit their nose off!
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2011, 11:00 PM
today this one

having to rehome my collie x as moving abroad. She is a loving and affectionate dog who loves to be petted and taking out for walks. She is 11 years old and gets on great with other animals even cats. she also gets on with kids as i have 3 aged 3,4 and 6. She comes with her bowls and food to get you started. She has also been dressed.
£30 to secure good home

Must go asap
Lea-n-Ben
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-09-2011, 06:24 PM
the doggy dentures one
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2011, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
The worst are the ones that are "We are looking for such and such - free to a good home please"
Gotta love the first class begging. Who would rehome to a beggar?