Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:09 AM

Advice needed please-new staffie

Hi there everyone, as a few of you wonderful people on here know I lost my beautiful Lucy 16 weeks ago yesterday and just dont know how I would of got through these past very very dark weeks without all the wonderful help & support of you all on here, especially from a certain someone, you know who you are, Mo!!! Anyway, I now feel I am ready to rescue a dog, so i am picking up Megan an 18 month old staffordshire bull terrier tomorrow and need your advice please as to what I should and shouldn't do and any advice how to settle her in please. Any advice on feeding would also be appreciated. Thanks.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 11:11 AM
The rescue should give you some advise on feeding her as it will be best initially to feed athe same as the rescue evn if it is not what you want to feed long term.

Staffords are usually very easy to settle in because they just love people and being with them, their not fussy.

Perhaps keep things normal and start as you mean to go on. If you have a very busy house hold maybe try and not over face her in the first couple of days.

Do not let off lead until you have get to know each other better.

Good luck and don't forget the photos.
Which rescue are you getting her from.
Lucys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Hiya, thanks for that. Am getting her from Ravenswood pet rescue cambridgeshire/norfolk border.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Lucys mum View Post
Hiya, thanks for that. Am getting her from Ravenswood pet rescue cambridgeshire/norfolk border.
Oh I spoke to a lady from there before we got Bizzy recently. She was very helpful.

Best wishes with your new dog.