View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bordercolliemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2015, 09:23 AM
Don't judge unless you know how thick coated they are or unless you are able to run your hands over them.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2015, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bordercolliemad View Post
Don't judge unless you know how thick haired they are or unless you are able to run your hands over them.
Wise words!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2015, 03:33 PM
Two different dogs. With very different needs. And food varies here. Always some raw almost always chicken. NB Pensioner so cost is a consideration. Wee dog eats very little. A little picky but that is OK. Collie, who died this morning, was a very different eater. She was food deprived ie half starved her first five years until I took her, and feeling full has always been an emotional need. I cooked for her; stew of all kinds with bread. When I am not well enough to cook I give commercial, which I keep in stock. LIDL or other supermarket equivalent. Tinned and kibble. Collie preferred tinned and my stew...I don;t see any one way of feeding as preferable to another if the dog is healthy. Collie was probably 15. Eating until yesterday, I do know that changing her to part raw was excellent for her and not just nutritionally. Watching her with her first ever raw turkey back is something I will never forget and the same with a big meaty bone.! Smiling at that memory; thank you! Wee dog is different altogether with a more balanced past. Will miss cooking for collie! Seems so strange now.
Bordercolliemad
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2015, 04:52 PM
I'd forgotten about that picture. Bought a tear to my eye when the post came up as this was one of the last walks Blue was able to come on with my girls.

He is the big dog back left. He looks massive but under that thick coat he was getting quite bony because he had more of less stopped eating. 6 months later i lost him to stomach cancer.

Breaks my heart seeing this again. Miss him so much
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5