Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:17 PM

Urgent - Dog Coats Needed!

Hi Everyone

Brrrrghhhhh ... with the winter setting in and temperatures dropping we find that we are in desperate need of coats for our rescue kennel dogs - they really will need the extra insulation! We have some, but not all are quite right in size and not enough to go round:

Poor Dylan has no coat tonight:

Does anyone have any unwanted dog coats or coat fleeces, ranging in size from medium to large particularly with long fastenings. A lot of our Staffies are quite big around the chest/waist by stature and lots of coats just won't do up even though they look the right size. Ideally good quality fastenings, strong Velcro or easy to use buttons so it isn't too hard to get them on an overexcited dog. We also need a few Rottie size coats too for our bigger dogs.

If you can help please e-mail me at the e-mail address in my signature below for an address to post to.

Appreciate anything you can do.

Thank you

PS Sadly knitted/woollen dog coats do not stand the test of time (regular washing and chewing – our dogs have the time to quickly unpick woollies!) so are not suitable.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2010, 07:21 PM
have emailed you
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
have emailed you
Thank you
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-12-2010, 06:04 PM
will have a search...
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-12-2010, 05:07 PM
All the dogs that will wear a coat now have one, but with over 40 dogs in kennels we are still in need - we really could do with some more - especially as the cold weather is back! That way we can also double layer to keep them really snug.

Also our volunteers are making repairs regularly to some to keep them holding together as long as possible! Well the kennel dogs have time on their paws to do a little stitch unpicking!

Does anyone have any unwanted dog coats or coat fleeces, ranging in size from medium to large particularly with long fastenings. A lot of our Staffies are quite big around the chest/waist by stature and lots of coats just won't do up even though they look the right size. Ideally good quality fastenings, strong Velcro or easy to use buttons so it isn't too hard to get them on an overexcited dog. We also need a few Rottie size coats too for our bigger dogs.

If you can help please e-mail me at the address in my signature below for an address to post to.

Thank you

PS Sadly knitted/woollen dog coats do not stand the test of time (regular washing and chewing – woollies prove no challenge at all to our doggie unpickers with time on their paws!) so are not suitable.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-01-2011, 10:51 PM
We are still in need of dog coats for our kennel dogs. It’s our busiest time of year so we are full to capacity and we won’t be out of winter and in to the warmer weather for a long while yet!

If you can help please e-mail me at Sharon@rescueremedies.co.uk for an address to post to.

Thank you
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Hi i have a newfoundland and won a large red coat with royal canin written on it. I tried it once and it was big for her . If its any use to you i would happily send it on, its like new but huge. Pm me if its any use, i think i had 2 but not sure will look if interested.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

06-01-2011, 06:27 AM
Originally Posted by shiba View Post
Hi i have a newfoundland and won a large red coat with royal canin written on it. I tried it once and it was big for her . If its any use to you i would happily send it on, its like new but huge. Pm me if its any use, i think i had 2 but not sure will look if interested.
Hi there

The largest dog I can recall us ever having in rescue was a Bull Mastiff. Do you think it would be too big for that breed? If not, then we would love it, but if it's still going to be too big then perhaps you might want to send it to a Cane Corso rescue? Don't want to take it if someone else would be more likely to use it as it's so huge. Let me know what you think and thanks for coming forward with the offer.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by Rescue Remedies View Post
We are still in need of dog coats for our kennel dogs. It’s our busiest time of year so we are full to capacity and we won’t be out of winter and in to the warmer weather for a long while yet!

If you can help please e-mail me at Sharon@rescueremedies.co.uk for an address to post to.

Thank you
Don't forget you have some jumpers coming from Lizzy23 at NESSR soon.
shiba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Rescue Remedies View Post
Hi there

The largest dog I can recall us ever having in rescue was a Bull Mastiff. Do you think it would be too big for that breed? If not, then we would love it, but if it's still going to be too big then perhaps you might want to send it to a Cane Corso rescue? Don't want to take it if someone else would be more likely to use it as it's so huge. Let me know what you think and thanks for coming forward with the offer.
I think it sounds like it will be too big as mine have lots of coat as well. Shame but will look into sending it where they can make use of it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >