Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 08:43 PM

Mamma Mia...

Just been to see this with the girls at work and it was FAB! They should never let Pierce Brosnan sing but hey who cares, he's gorgeous. Meryl Streep has a good voice and Colin Firth is funny but Julie Walters steals the show. We were absolutely wetting ourselves. Don't make the mistake of leaving before the end, stay for the credits, it's the absolute funniest thing ever. Really cheesy, great tunes, good story and you come out laughing and singing...what more could you ask for!?
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I saw this last Friday with my MIL and we both loved it - it is hilarious. A real feel-good movie
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2008, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I saw this last Friday with my MIL and we both loved it - it is hilarious. A real feel-good movie
Absolutely, I nearly wet myself at Julie Walters at the end! We giggled through the whole thing, even Pierce singing!
AliceandDogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Loved it to! Julie Walters is so funny, I'm not eve much of an Abba fan but I adored the whole film. We though Meryl Streep was a fabulous actress throughout.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by AliceandDogs View Post
Loved it to! Julie Walters is so funny, I'm not eve much of an Abba fan but I adored the whole film. We though Meryl Streep was a fabulous actress throughout.
Completely agree, so much so I'm taking my mum on Monday
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 05:24 AM
Not really my type of thing - I trid to watch the new Hairspray movie, and switched off after half an hour......

I'll try this, but It'll have to wait until it's on the box.

Pleased you enjoyed it, hon x
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-08-2008, 10:21 AM
Went with a few friends when it came out, it was a good film. Made a much better transition from musical to film than what last summers musical film; Hairspray, did which I think woulda made any theatre fan sick!
Loved Julie Walters in this film.
Asti
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2008, 10:56 AM
My Mother-in-law saw it at the cinema and she loved it, she said the scenery in the film was stunning. Were buying the DVD of it for them for Christmas (lets hope it's out by then).

We'll wait until it's on Sky Box Office and watch it in the comfort of our own home, although I'm not sure if it will be our type of film or not.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Not really my type of thing - I trid to watch the new Hairspray movie, and switched off after half an hour......

I'll try this, but It'll have to wait until it's on the box.

Pleased you enjoyed it, hon x
Not sure it'll be Baz's cup of tea. Just don't take it seriously. It's worth the watch just for Julie Walters! xx

Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Went with a few friends when it came out, it was a good film. Made a much better transition from musical to film than what last summers musical film; Hairspray, did which I think woulda made any theatre fan sick!
Loved Julie Walters in this film.
Yeah, loved Julie Walters, had me giggling my face off

Originally Posted by Asti View Post
My Mother-in-law saw it at the cinema and she loved it, she said the scenery in the film was stunning. Were buying the DVD of it for them for Christmas (lets hope it's out by then).

We'll wait until it's on Sky Box Office and watch it in the comfort of our own home, although I'm not sure if it will be our type of film or not.
It's a 'nice' film. Not everyone's cup of tea but give it a go.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Absolutely fabulous, like you I giggled all the way through. Loved it
Anything with Julie Walters in is good by me.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >