Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Oh look you edited your post !

Yes the Cataracts was in the Lens, where else would it be ?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Oh look you edited your post !
ROFL - yes to add more in, not to remove anything Sorry - next time I want to add to what I wrote i'll start a new post.

Yes the Cataracts was in the Lens, where else would it be ?
What part of the lens?
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
ROFL - yes to add more in, not to remove anything Sorry - next time I want to add to what I wrote i'll start a new post.

What part of the lens?
I don't know all the technical terms, but again, I think I'll take your original advice and go ask someone who knows, because if you do know different you are typically being coy about the information and would rather keep it to yourself or you dont know different at all and are just arguing for the sake of it.

I asked a simple question of a health nature and you have spent 4 pages twisting the issue, without any valid reason whatsoever.

You still have't said, What exactly is your argument about this ?
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:12 PM
You still have't said, What exactly is your argument about this ?
I thought I had made my position very clear - I don't believe all senile onset (late onset) cataracts are hereditary, where as you do. So I think we are going to have to respectfully agree to differ on this
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:17 PM
I thought I had made my position very clear - I don't believe all senile onset (late onset) cataracts are hereditary, where as you do. So I think we are going to have to respectfully agree to differ on this
Please point to where I said that I believed that late onset was hereditary ??
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Please point to where I said that I believed that late onset was hereditary ??
Well if you don't believe it, then why are we debating the point? You said:

Yes it is true, but I'm talking about late onset (which examiners call hereditary) NOT Juvenile as stated previously.
In my mind, you are stating that you believe it to be hereditary because that is what the examiner you have spoken to calls it.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:26 PM
Well if you don't believe it, then why are we debating the point?
I don't know either way and neither do Examiners, YOU are arguing it isn't, but won't say what evidence you have of that.

In my mind, you are stating that you believe it to be hereditary because that is what the examiner you have spoken to calls it.
In your mind, you are believing what you want, NOT what I said I never ONCE said I believed it was hereditary !!

Examiners mark it on official records as HC because that is a possibility, it's not just a belief of one examiner, it's marked the same on the official form unless of course the examiners you know have different forms for eye exams than any other practitioner that submits them to the BVA !

That's what my examiner calls it, because that is how it's recorded on the official BVA form, not because he wants to call it that !
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:34 PM
I never ONCE said I believed it was hereditary !!
Ah, but if it is not hereditary then it can not be passed on So this discussion is then a moot point.

Examiners mark it on official records as HC because that is a possibility, it's not just a belief of one examiner, it's marked the same on the official form unless of course the examiners you know have different forms for eye exams than any other practitioner that submits them to the BVA !

That's what my examiner calls it, because that is how it's recorded on the official BVA form, not because he wants to call it that !
Tara - unfortunately I don't have a scanner so can't show you a copy of the official BVA form (and yours haven't been eye tested have they, so you don't have a copy?). If a cataract is present then they draw it out and state where in the lens the cataract occurs. However, they do not have to mark it as hereditary unless it is the type of cataract that is hereditary for that particular breed.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Ah, but if it is not hereditary then it can not be passed on So this discussion is then a moot point.
No it isn't. The discussion is about breeding from dogs that show up as having late onset Cataracts, which on the form, is put down as HC.

THEY don't know if it is hereditary or not !

Tara - unfortunately I don't have a scanner so can't show you a copy of the official BVA form (and yours haven't been eye tested have they, so you don't have a copy?)
PMSL.........yet someone else who thinks they know all about my dogs !!

Actually I have a few copies of the form here.

If a cataract is present then they draw it out and state where in the lens the cataract occurs. However, they do not have to mark it as hereditary unless it is the type of cataract that is hereditary for that particular breed.
I know how it is drawn, as I said I have a few here.

So, when I speak to my Examiner next, I will advise him that he is marking his BVA forms wrongly and advising people wrongly about breeding from Malamutes with late onset Cataracts, I'm sure he'll be amused.
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2007, 09:47 PM
PMSL.........yet someone else who thinks they know all about my dogs !!
Oh please accept my apologies. Since they have not appeared in the BRS I assumed they hadn't been tested. I am sure they will appear in the next one then

I know how it is drawn, as I said I have a few here.
Again, I didn't realise you had a copy, so therefore you can see what I am talking about?

So, when I speak to my Examiner next, I will advise him that he is marking his BVA forms wrongly and advising people wrongly about breeding from Malamutes with late onset Cataracts, I'm sure he'll be amused.
There is no need to resort to sarcasm Tara. As I said, everything I have read and been told points to the fact that not all late onset cataracts are hereditary.
Page 5 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >