ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by justlou
If you go with BT right now they'll give you a free router But i think you'll need to ask about it x

Forgot to add, the router comes with a talkable CD and it's so easy to install, it talks you through it step by step
Oh that sounds good - although I already have a Belkin router but maybe a newer one would be better Thanks again Lou
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
http://www.homehub.bt.com/flash/frame.html
Hmm that links no good to me Ceiron because my speakers aren't working and I can't hear what they are saying
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by ceiron
ah its their new modem thingy, its awesoem provides wireless internet around the home and other stuff

a friend has it and im jealous.lol
Yes but how much do you have to pay for the package with all that in - do you know?
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:27 PM
I joined Bt a couple of months ago and so far i havent had any problems at all. I have the 8mg broadband i think we pay something like £100 every quarter, or something like that. I got my modem off them and they only charged £25 and they also send you a talking cd to help you install it. Its really easy, if you get stuck with anything once bt broadband has been installed, it also installs bt broadband desktop help, so if you get stuck with anything on your computer you just click on it, type your message and send it to them and they tell you what steps to take. We also have a free norton antivirus that comes with the package. Hope this helps
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 04:57 PM
When i first joined BT i could only get 512, then they upgraded my line and i went to 1 meg about 6 months later they upgraded again and i went to 2 meg, and now i can get 8 meg

Their forever upgrading Foxy

I have a wireless router, it's the BT voyager 2091 Thats the one BT will probably offer you for free x
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by justlou
When i first joined BT i could only get 512, then they upgraded my line and i went to 1 meg about 6 months later they upgraded again and i went to 2 meg, and now i can get 8 meg

Their forever upgrading Foxy

I have a wireless router, it's the BT voyager 2091 Thats the one BT will probably offer you for free x
Will I have to phone them to get this or can I do it online? We are paying £22.99 a month at the moment with Orange so I was thinking of going with the package that is the same price with BT which is £14.99 for 3 months it says don't think I would get the free router with that package would I?

http://uk.broadband.yahoo.com/order.html
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Sara1210
I joined Bt a couple of months ago and so far i havent had any problems at all. I have the 8mg broadband i think we pay something like £100 every quarter, or something like that. I got my modem off them and they only charged £25 and they also send you a talking cd to help you install it. Its really easy, if you get stuck with anything once bt broadband has been installed, it also installs bt broadband desktop help, so if you get stuck with anything on your computer you just click on it, type your message and send it to them and they tell you what steps to take. We also have a free norton antivirus that comes with the package. Hope this helps

Thanks Sara - yes it does sound like a very good deal and better than the one we are getting now from Orange
ceiron
Almost a Veteran
Male 

09-08-2006, 05:48 PM
option 2 which ur lookign at foxy includes the free bt home ub if u order online and is 25 quid if ordered on phone.

so its free

and if u go for an 18th month contract uget half price line rental for 6 months.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2006, 05:55 PM
I'd ring them and enquire first

I pay £27.99 a month for 8 meg
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >