View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone, Well I got a load of washing dry including the sheets I took off Steve's bed, just stripped my bed and put clean sheets on and the dirty ones are in the machine, bit worried whether I will get them dry though. Took Amber out on Blue earlier, the pavements round here are terrible. They have an awful camber on them and you feel as though the scooter is going to roll over to the left all the time. Means I have to take things steady. Also the ramps down from one pavement across a road to the next are terribly steep too. At this rate Blue is going to be worn out in six months. Still at least Amber is getting her exercise. Having not done enough for the day am considering putting the mower round the lawns before it rains again. Must be careful of the edges or Steve will do his nut about killing them. He goes round with the shears and does the edges either before or after I cut. He is working today even though he was still not well this morning. Hope he made Canvey Island in time as he was backwards and forwards to the loo before he went. Fortunately, he is tiling a shower room today! Tempus Fugit! Catch you later.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2014, 01:39 PM
Back from shopping, got 10kg pet mine for the girls, so they'll be OK for a week, milk and some other bits and pieces for me, and I'll go again tomorrow for some more bits.
Buses start running to strange times after the one I've just come home on, so like to be out and back. I did consider going earlier and treating myself to fish and chips for lunch, may do that tomorrow.
The forecast rain hasn't arrived thank goodness, so fingers crossed tomorrow is dry, then can get all girls out on the river.
You're having a busy day Moyra, I am considering cleaning the bathroom.....
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 01:41 PM
Just mowed the lawns, it has come over very cloudy and my sheets have not yet finished in the machine so will have to hang them out under the gazebo. I am pleased with my efforts today. I can always do more when Steve is not here. I expect most women find the same. I must go and sort out some dinner, I have cooked a couple of chicken legs and will probably do a couple of jacket potatoes, Steve has got a lump of Ribeye steak to go with his jacket potato when he comes in. I fancy doing corn on the cob to go with it. I love it wrapped in real BUTTER!

Hope you have heard something TW from that mechanic!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2014, 01:44 PM
He's busy on another job at the moment, so waiting to speak to him, he does know about it and I just have to wait till he's finished what he's doing. Had a phone call coming home on the bus, so I know I've not been forgotten, although I feel that way. The whole thing is totally ridiculous in my opinion, that no one seems able to take the job on, or don't want to.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 02:02 PM
wow you all have been busy
Moyra, stick your feet up, you have done plenty
TW, sorry you are still being messed about with your car, i do wish mechanics would just say "sorry no can do" rather than leave people hanging, when my dads head went on his beemer, i found a good estabilished family garage, asked could they do the job and the answer was yeah no bother, said the car would be 3 days, heard nothing so rang them up, they were telling me the head was knackered, needed a new one and would be £1500... recon, i got a recon for £500, then they said it needed testing so i sent it away via them for that, then they said it was heavily skimmed and he was worried the pistons would smash into it so i should just get a second hand engine (where the same thing could happen in a days time...not likely) i told him to get a decompression plate and all would be o.k....... the penny finally dropped with him that i knew what was what and he confessed the car had been took to bits and he didn't know how to get it together again!!!! i said why didn't you just say when you realised the job was not what you expected and he said the car was stripped whilst he was off! got the car back around a month after he had it
baked a victoria sponge, some white choc biccies, cherry cake is in the oven and scones are waiting to be baked.
Dog trainer called, she has shut the class for a month as 3 of the dogs have come down with kennel cough... very responsible of her to try and stop it becoming a viscious circle
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2014, 02:12 PM
Kennel cough is very infectious, like you say she's done the right thing.
This guy does know what he's doing, probably why he's busy actually. All the others have said they will do it, and will get back to me in 15 minutes, still waiting for the one I rang last Friday to ring me back. Am going to go with Moyra's recommendation if all else fails. I'm sort of switched off to it all now, and trying to get on with things and not think about how annoyed I am!!!
Cakes sound nice, pop one over to me please, I'm comfort eating as I'm so fed up. Then I think of all those poor people packed into a container and left to die, they have nothing, and nearly didn't have their lives, and I know in the bigger scheme of things I am fine really.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 02:20 PM
Yes, TW you are right a lot of them were housed in our local hospital, I hope they are going to be ok, not so for that poor American war reporter. He was a brave man. They think he could have offered himself as a sacrifice rather than any of the other captives. God has a place for him, not so for the bar steward who decapitated him. We have got to be so careful who we let back into the country, there is something like 500 muslims have gone out from here to Syria. They also said this morning that the British Muslims were far more cutthroat than any of the Syrians out there, what does that tell you? Doesn't bear dwelling on.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2014, 02:26 PM
yeah I agree with you, I'm sure they'll get back in the country though, we are far too lenient with these types of people for my liking, probably scared of being accused of institutional racism, but I think being concerned for the well being of the majority of the population of any country is of paramount importance and those responsible for the entrance of people into the country need to be far tougher than they are at the moment.
As far as I'm concerned, if they want to leave the UK and behave like barbaric savages, then let them, but they must never ever be allowed back and given the opportunity to infiltrate and spread their poison
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2014, 02:47 PM
With you 100% June. I feel sorry for the moderate muslims who will get the backlash from this lot, they do not deserve it! I only hope they can make progress in stamping out the rationalism being created here for these poor misguided youngsters that are being brain washed into the acts of terrorism. The moderate Muslims here must rise up against those causing the unrest. They must sort their own.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

21-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Yeah I agree again. These groups are dotted all over the world doing dreadful things in the name of Islam. Those poor schoolgirls in Nigeria, Hammad breaking the ceasefire and bragging about it, causing even more suffering to their own people, this group trying to take over Iraq and Iran. the Kurds seem to be the only ones with any backbone prepared to stand up to them. It is very frightening to think these people have grown up in Western society yet want to live in a world similar to mediaeval times and force us all to do the same
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »