Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 05:06 PM

Good training/behaviour info site

I first became aware of Dee Ganley a couple of years ago; she's US based but does a fair bit of work in the UK with problem dog seminars.

http://www.deesdogs.com/training_video.html

http://www.deesdogs.com/training.htm

Her site is really good, as she generously gives not only a huge amount of very good articles which can be downloaded, but a few short slide shows and video clips

I can't access all the video clips, but can see the slide shows.

Just to say I'm not connected with her or the site in any way except that I have spoken to her from time to time

Articles include - No free lunch, children and pets, behaviour articles etc (oh and more on bite inhibition).

Hope a few peeps find the site and/or articles and slides interesting

Wys
x
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Thanks Wys - I've bookmarked the site and will will have a good delve around. It looks good on first sight though I respect your view on these things anyway
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh thankyou Tillytails
I like the fact that there are slide shows and video clips, some interesting body language going on there!

Enjoy browsing the site

Wys
x
tillytails
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:38 PM
My goodness, there's LOADS of good stuff on there and I haven't even started on the videos !

The "Cat to Dog Introductions" article grabbed me most so far - it's the one area I'm most concerned about at the moment yet one that I've rarely seen covered in any detail. Her suggestions are clear and easy to follow, and realistic too (she acknowledges it can be a challenge that may take some time to resolve).

The article titled "I'd rather be dancing with my dog.." was also great to read given the recent posts on alpha-rolling a puppy.

Anyway, thanks again for posting the link - funny how the info/resources I'm after are dropping into place at the moment
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by tillytails View Post
The article titled "I'd rather be dancing with my dog.." was also great to read given the recent posts on alpha-rolling a puppy.

Anyway, thanks again for posting the link - funny how the info/resources I'm after are dropping into place at the moment
Yep, I know exactly what you mean, it's excellent when that happens!