Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 12:53 AM

good deed

bf picked me up from work tonight at about midnight, i work at a pub about 30 mins from here and pretty much in middle of nowhere. Anyway we're driving along and i spot this black dog standing in the middle of the road, we stop jus in time and bf proceeds to carry on driving
I tell him to stop and i get out and call the dog, which it then crosses my mind it might not be a good idea cos it cud be a stray and bite me it comes toward me, mouth open... and theres me backing up into the car yelling for bf to come and save me.lmao.
The dog was actually really friendly, and looked quite old. He looked a bit like a labrador, maybe a cross. who knows.
Anyway, he has no collar.. helpful, so i take him to the nearest house, by calling him along and the woman says she thinks hes next doors. So we proceed to walk to next doors house in pitch black and get lost, s go back to the car, get dog in and drive to next doors! they r so far apart! Anyway, i climb over the gate cos i cant work out how to open it and walk round the side of the house tryin to find front door, its a 5 bedroom house i think cos we had only jus dropped off a girl i work with there. Anyway, eventually find door and knock on it. Woman comes to door and asks what i want, i tell her i have her dog cos i nearly ran it over, she didnt seem too worried , i was like.. well do u want him.
Anyway, i go and get dog and wonder how the hell i am gonna get him thru the closed gate . bf kindly points toward the gate nearest front door oops. So off we trot, callng dog with us who we find out is called Josh and return him to his owner and dont get home til 1am.
But im glad we stopped, i certainly wasnt going to let him stay in middle of road all night. And if indie ever got out id like to know someone would stop and bring her back to me and not just drive on.
I jus dont get why people dont put collars on their dogs. You cant possibly think they will never go missing, and sadly thr majority of people will keep a dog with no collar cos they think they r homeless. Even if they are chipped.

please put collars on ur dogs at all times!

anyway, my good deed for the day
And a very nice dog
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 12:59 AM
Good on you Jenny- hope the silly woman was grateful
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 01:03 AM
i think her next door neighbour was more greatful!
she was like.. oh he must of escaped (duh) they have an electric fence!!!!!
omg
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
wow well done jenny at least you could sleep easy and just be glad you aint like that silly owner
gordon lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Well done Jenny You must feel great

Electric fence
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 03:02 PM
Oh wow Jenny

Good on ya!!!!! Poor dog!
tink
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 08:15 PM
Good on you,there aren't enough people like that around xx
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Nice one Jenny
girlsmum
Dogsey Junior

05-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Some people are just strange...at least you did the right thing. Well done!!!
candie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2004, 08:39 PM
well done jen!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >