Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 02:27 PM

getting over depression

You know, I have been suffering with depression over the last few years. This year I was making a determined effort to sort myself out, then my father in law died, and now it would appear someone has it in for us cause they reported us to the SSPCA. It was a hoax call as per my previous post but it has set me back again.

I really feel like I'm never getting out of this.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 02:32 PM
If someone has reported you, they will come out and know it was a hoax, you got nothing to hide so let the busybodies get on with it, you are getting over it, you can be strong there is light at the end of the tunnel, no-body want's you feel bad live your life to the full have no regret's and be happy, I've been were you are, it's not a happy place to be, but you'l take one day at a time and youl be well again.xxxxxxxxx((((((((hug's))))))))
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 03:24 PM
My husband suffered with depression for many years, and off the cuff remarks could make him slip back. I can imagine that a hoax report would have you feeling dreadful. But please, don't let this person win, don't let them send you reeling.
You are worth more than their petty mind will ever be *hugs*
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
I myself suffer from bipolar syndrome (manic depression) It is very hard to have a normal life hun, But with me i can go months feeling wonderful then all of a sudden my demons are back taunting the hell out of me , Zb can vouch for my demon days , But I always find on my good times if you have a good support net work ie friends and family to support you , Then there is light at the end of the tunnel hun, You just need to stay as positive as possible and focus on the good stuff , And try not to stress to much over the non positive stuff, You have beautiful dogs and the sspca will realise its a hoax , So dont let someone elses nastyness get to you hun, Big hugs xxdk
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 04:53 PM
I know exactly what you;re going through, just when I think things are getting better someone pulls the rug out from under me and back I go.
Big hugs for you.
Becky
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
Thanks everyone for your support, it's just nice to have people who understands. My OH tries his best but doesn't always understand. As long as there is a forum like this I know I can handle it.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2008, 05:02 PM
I can't add anymore to the good advice that you have been given.

You are not alone and other people have been where you are. Stay strong and remember we are all here for you if you ever need to talk.

(((hugs))) to you
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Some good advice.

Even though there are bleak times try not to dwell thats what lets the depression suck you further under. Try to forget the idiot who did the hoax if they have nothing better to do with there time then what a sad life they must have. You are worth more than that.

Big hugs
xx
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 11:37 PM
I suffer from depression, I've been in the priory for it, and i'm still on anti depressants, I've tried to kill myself and I've been a self harmer....I'm having a bleak time at the moment too, but keep going, and ignore the idiots who hoaxed you - how pathetic of them.

We're here if you need us xxxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Try playing some of your favourtie 'happy' songs. I heard Shiny Happy People for the first time in ages yesterday and it really lifted my mood! I need to make me a CD of them I thin, or stick them on my MP3!
Becky