Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 01:54 PM

Just to share

Would have been my Mum's Birthday today, also she died a week after her birthday(1999)............as I am not able to visit the Crematorium I always buy flowers and place them beside a picture of her with me on her 80th Birthday, so today I arranged this for her

Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Awww thats a lovely idea Sweep - much better than placing them at the Crematorium anyway in my opinion Its my mums birthday on the 23rd March - the first one since she died on New years day this year - she would have been 81 this year I am going to place some flowers on her grave and get some for my window too because I have a vase in my window that she loved so I am going to put flowers in that.
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:10 PM
What a good idea Sweep. My mum died (at 66 after a botched operation) 5 years ago (2nd March). It would have been her birthday on 7th April and it would have been my Dad's on 24th March (he died two years ago - just before I became pregnant with my little girl). So I feel for you - it doesn't get any easier does it? We just learn to cope and get on with life, mainly because we have to.
Love Meganrose XX
jackiew
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:12 PM
they are lovely sweep

i lost my dad 3 years ago and i still buy him birthday/xmas pressies
i just buy something i think he would have liked and display it on my book shelf
i also still buy him xmas/birthday/fathers day cards
i just put them in a drawer
i know it sounds silly but just cos he ain,t here no longer i still feel i have to do it
i also brought him a red rose on valentines day
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by jackiew
they are lovely sweep

i lost my dad 3 years ago and i still buy him birthday/xmas pressies
i just buy something i think he would have liked and display it on my book shelf
i also still buy him xmas/birthday/fathers day cards
i just put them in a drawer
i know it sounds silly but just cos he ain,t here no longer i still feel i have to do it
i also brought him a red rose on valentines day
Thats a lovely idea Jackie I would struggle to find something for my mum though she was always difficult to buy for I will play her favourite song (You raise me up by Westlife - she loved that song before she died ) and put some lovely flowers in the window.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

My nan died a day after her 90th birthday, her birthday was the same day as our sons, so we always buy flowers for her and keep them in pride of place in our house, the children know these are for nannie, we always visit her grave the day after her birthday (the date she died) she actually died 2 minutes after Princess Diana on the same morning, so we tell the children nannie and Princess Diana have gone to heaven together and that the bright star in the sky at night is them both shinning together!
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

Thats a nice thing to do. The flowers are lovely.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:39 PM
What a nice thing to do.

Beautiful flowers Sheena.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Thats a lovely thing to doo, and the flowers are gorgeous.

March 28th would have been my dads 59th Birthday (I think thats how old he would have been). The past x-mas was 10 years since he died.
Think I may use your idea and buy some nice flowers to remember him by on his birthday.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
That's lovely Sweep
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >