Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 02:20 PM

Healthy Thread

Just thought we could possibley have a healthy thread as well as the weight loss one? This is only an idea at the moment and we can see how it goes

We could run this in conjuction with the weightloss one or entirely on it's own.

What I propose is this, we could have a Healthy Thread each week, stating what we have done that week to promote our own good health, be it more excercise or if people have a cravings for certain things and are trying to give it up, they could share on here what they have done and how well they are doing

I'll make a start

Today I found out some friends at work are going to go powerwalking at lunch. So we all went off, there was 4 of us and we had a great time, I can tell ya we worked up a sweat as it was 2 hours ago we went and my legs are still aching ! We enjoyed it that much we decided that we would go 3 times a week. So that is going to help with my weight loss.

I intend to do this as well as continue running in the evening, I'm still only doing very very basic running, I'm only doing a mile (I'm that unfit!) and doing short sessions of running with walking in between. I do that 3 times a week But I will have Sundays off !

So if anyone else want to share what they are doing to make themselves healthy feel free to share
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 02:45 PM
i am getting a juicer and instead of breakfast and lunch I PLAN to have fruit & veg juiced into a homemade shake instead !!

just waiting on my juicer arriving
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Excellent !

When did you decide to get a juicer ?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 04:40 PM
about 2 days ago !! LOL

goign to borrow me mums to see if i like it first though as I am not a fan of that kind of thing so if I can force it down me then I will purchase my own one - if not will goback to rice krispies !! LOL
Lucy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2006, 05:55 PM
Today I walked the school-runs instead of driving (total 80 minutes walking). I also went into the bakers and bought the boys a cake each but didn't get myself one!!! I have had Special K for breakfast and pasta for lunch. Will be having small/healthy dinner in a minute, but so far I am pleased. Wonder how long it will last...
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 06:54 PM
The juicer is a fab idea Brundog!!

Today the decision on what to have breakfast was made for me - I accidentally slept into 12 noon Never done that before I might add - and felt thoroughly ashamed of myself!

Had a bowl of cereal and weight watchers yoghurt at 2.30pm

Went for a run around the park twice (big park) with OH and Fern at 3pm

OH said we needed salt and gave me a packet of light crisps, but I felt guilty about eating them and only ate 4 crisps then threw the packet in the bin!!!!He said if you're going to then so and I, and proceeded to give me his empty packet.... Some help he's being

And tonight we are having finely chopped marinated chicken (OH got a Jamie Oliver Flavour shaker for Xmas) and vegetable stir fry on wholemeal rice - can't wait I'm quite hungry

Lucy, is the Special K nice? Never tried it before.
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Well, I've started drinking green tea. Unfortunately I've been dunking gingernuts in it like there's no tomorrow. Hurray for healthy living! I'll make up for it tomorrow by eating some extra lentils with my ryvitas!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2006, 02:18 PM
i been eatting sunflower seeds instead of chocolate im trying really hard but i got sweet tooth , also brought the pump it up exercise dvd omg what a killer !!! especially the super slim woman in her next to nothing clothes , still im telling myself i will look like that in the summer i hope lol
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2006, 02:19 PM
special is nice and sweet !!!!!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2006, 02:22 PM
ive paswaded my mate [ who is a size 8 !!! ] to go swimming with me aint to confident to go alone , and doing paper round with my boy later its a start lol
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >