Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
My OH makes me shake my head when........

any rubbish that leaves his hands never gets to the bin, it gets as far as where he left it

When he has turned my shed into turmoil and comes in saying ''I cann't find what Im looking for''

A empty cup, plate etc never gets moved off the coffee table

The laundry basket in the bathroom is never good enough for his dirty washing....he leaves it 'next to' the laundry basket

I say 'are you thirsty, he says ''its not its Blah Blah (do wish he would get his hearing checked

When he says lets have some 'us' time and chat.....then falls asleep in the chair

And puts back empty things in the fridge or cupboard incase he reads this.......I KNOW YOU ATE IT PATRICK
LOL
It must be a man thing cos my O/H does all those,socks usually get left on the lounge floor along with t-shirts,empty cups and beer cans all mixed in with ciggarette ash

And on the rare occasions he uses the bin he fills so when I empty it most of the rubbish on top goes on the floor

He leaves nail clippings on the side of the bath And occasionally forgets to pull the plug out

Walks goose s*** on clean freshly mopped floors after a days fishing
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-11-2011, 02:26 PM
My other half doesn't have hobbies he has mini OCD's He's very intelligent and has a memory I only dream about having but he learns most of his 'stuff' from books!!
So far in the couple of years we've been together we've had air gun shooting, hypnosis, poker . . . .

At the moment we're on photography and horse riding

The photography is not too bad as he can take himself off and take some piccies although he doesn't really have an artistic view of things he's more scientific I just can't get the dogs to sit still long enough for him to fiddle with all the buttons, focus etc I just 'shake' my head and walk away All these books but will he read an instruction manual . . . NOOOOO

The horse riding is something I thought we could together afor some r&r!! How wrong was I - He drives me potty with all the terminology he's picked up it's no longer called a rising trot, it's a posted trot etc etc etc.

So now he's read a few books he's a expert on all horse riding techiques is telling me how this n that should be done even though I've been riding for years on and off!!

As much as I say it's the kind of thing you have to learn by doing and doing on different horses as they can be so different depending on their upbringing, schooling etc

So I'm just grinning and ignoring at the moment - until tomorrow when I've arranged for him to have a go on my friends horse - I have a feeling the last laugh will be mine If for no other reason than his legs are gonna be killing him on Sunday

Why can't he have an OCD moment with the vacuum or a duster?? Now that would be useful - Are there any books on how to hoover and dust though cos I'd need a few of them first I reckon !!!!
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Oooh seen someone reading this and wanted to add another..

Me - "Alex while Im in work will you give Ishka a quick wash please"
Him - "Oh...No I cant"
Me - "Ermm Ok why not, It will only take you a few mins, shes very good"
Him - "last time I washed the other dog it shivered, I cant do it"

Hmm has he heard of turning the temp up strange man.
tansox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2012, 12:08 AM
I must have done something right with my husband then!

He made a fresh loaf of bread for breakfast this morning, warm when I got up and handed it to me on a plate with melted butter and a fresh coffee;

He's made every cup of coffee today, with biscuits. He made cheese sandwiches for lunch and asked what bread I wanted, the new fresh one, or wholemeal.

Then made dinner, cottage pie, peas and yorkshire pudding, and then made a coffee afterwards.

My God it's taken years of training, but I've done it!
abbie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 12:46 AM
Originally Posted by tansox View Post
I must have done something right with my husband then!

He made a fresh loaf of bread for breakfast this morning, warm when I got up and handed it to me on a plate with melted butter and a fresh coffee;

He's made every cup of coffee today, with biscuits. He made cheese sandwiches for lunch and asked what bread I wanted, the new fresh one, or wholemeal.

Then made dinner, cottage pie, peas and yorkshire pudding, and then made a coffee afterwards.

My God it's taken years of training, but I've done it!
I would say it depends what he does in between all that cooking that would make up my mnd how perfect he is
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 07:54 AM
Disbelief:

Travelling a round trip of two hundred plus miles to pick up something he picked up 'cheap' on Ebay.

Cost far more in petrol than getting the stuff new

Men - who'd 'av 'em
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Disbelief:

Travelling a round trip of two hundred plus miles to pick up something he picked up 'cheap' on Ebay.

Men - who'd 'av 'em

Or buying something, then asking for it to be posted cause he didnt realise its the other end of the country and paying as much in postage as he would have done to get it new

You know what it is.... Boy logic! It exists!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Or, telling a Financial Advisor he could visit us (we were just about skint at the time) because he was being a pain on the 'phone then trying to impress by talking about the situation with the MFI (instead of IMF). Didn't take the guy long to leave us in peace

Hilda Baker had nowt on my old man!
tansox
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Originally Posted by abbie View Post
I would say it depends what he does in between all that cooking that would make up my mnd how perfect he is

Not a lot...... his sit/stays are wonderful though!
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2012, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post
Disbelief:

Men - who'd 'av 'em
Yes, don't get me started (oh alright then) OH decides he needs new clothes for a trip away. Comes home with 2 suits - sleeves far too long on jacket, & extra trousers, again too long. I've shortened one pair of trousers (badly) which he'll have to wear & guess who has the job of taking the other lot back? Serves me right I 'spose for not going with him.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >