Female 

20-02-2006, 03:16 PM
LOL Foxy 35 sounds fine !!!!!
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

20-02-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
I think 35 sounds okay too (or am I pushing it a bit here? )
I thought you were 33
Don't ask me why
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by leo
I Don't forget things i just say the same thing over and over again. The stuff i need to do on that day i read my list say it out load then read and say it out loud again & again & again & again. My OH says you just said that it's the only way i can think of to get thro the day with the stuff i got to do.

Thats just reminded me of when Benji was a puppy and we were in the vets and we saw a women with two beautiful kittens and I got talking to her and she was telling us all about them. I then asked how old they were and then a minute of two later asked the same thing again Laura was with me and of course had to show me up by saying 'Mum - you have just asked her that' The woman gave an embarrassed smile and I just wanted the floor to open up and swallow me up
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Originally Posted by rob
I thought you were 33
Don't ask me why

Er no Rob I told YOU I was 21 - what a terrible memory you have
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:09 PM
Hi Foxy,

What was the question ?????????????????????

No seriously, I can remember right back from before I was born, (seriously, I can) and at the weekend I recognised three people that I hadn't seen for about 17 years !

I've also recently recognised people I was at school with, that was over 30 years ago.

I remind my older sisters of different things from years ago, they never remember, but I do.

However now, I can't remember form one minute to the next, sometimes I say something to John, then about 5 minutes later I tell him again and he says, (annoyingly) "you've already told me this".

My late husband (Harry) didn't usually tell me that I'd already told him, he'd just let it wash over him !!

He's only usually tell me after the 4th time that I told him, (bless him).

Don't worry about it, we're all like it, you're in the best company.

Regards

Radar
shadowboy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:10 PM
Well, I must say that i feel much better now to see all these young folks having memory problems. I figure as long as I remember my husband when I wake up in the morning, things are just fine!!
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Radar Ears
Hi Foxy,

What was the question ?????????????????????

No seriously, I can remember right back from before I was born, (seriously, I can) and at the weekend I recognised three people that I hadn't seen for about 17 years !

I've also recently recognised people I was at school with, that was over 30 years ago.

I remind my older sisters of different things from years ago, they never remember, but I do.

However now, I can't remember form one minute to the next, sometimes I say something to John, then about 5 minutes later I tell him again and he says, (annoyingly) "you've already told me this".

My late husband (Harry) didn't usually tell me that I'd already told him, he'd just let it wash over him !!

He's only usually tell me after the 4th time that I told him, (bless him).

Don't worry about it, we're all like it, you're in the best company.

Regards

Radar

Yes my longterm memory is great too Jill - I can remember when I was riding a horse when I was 3 and crying because I wanted pedals on it like my sisters friends horse (they were actually stirrups that I meant ) I can remember people from school 30 years ago too and things like that but I cant remember what I did last week or even yesterday Oh well it looks like I am not alone in this which is a great relief
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally Posted by shadowboy
Well, I must say that i feel much better now to see all these young folks having memory problems. I figure as long as I remember my husband when I wake up in the morning, things are just fine!!

wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 05:20 PM
LOL Shadowboy, good answer. At least we're in good company with each other
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Foxy I don't think you have much to worry about, it happens to us all. I am nearly 57 now (I think) I have worked at the same place for about 17 years and sometimes I can remember the names of my colleagues. I have to use word association there are particular people whose name I cant remember more than others. A girl called Sandra I have to think of a snake, but sometimes I cant remember snake to remind me of Sandra its hopeless. I have read that it helps to do crosswords and suduku, or even start to learn a new language in order to keep your brain active. I certainly wouldn`t worry too much as most of my friends are the same.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >