Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
vanessamarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-06-2017, 06:55 PM

Max found a home!

Oh my goodness! After searching and searching and being rejected left and right---Max will finally be going home to a nice couple in Sacramento. They work from home and they have experience and time to spend on working with Max 24/7. They have 2 other dogs so I am VERY excited that Max will have sisters to play with.

Max has gone through so much in the past year! I have been working very hard with him. Day 2 of bringing him home I knew he needed to get socialized ASAP! We have had no luck here in Los Angeles. We have been kicked out of dog parks, beaches, soccer fields, human parks, kicked out of doggy day care, rejected left and right from dog walkers. Receiving eviction notices, getting told that he needed this and needed that but it was like the world was always against him. He needed daytime stimulation and this has been the hardest decision I have ever made. I love him so much and I miss him so much but I am limited and know that I am keeping him from progressing even further. He has made much improvements with me and has started to build his confidence and I know that this couple will help him get to where he needs to be.

Just wanted to give you guys an update since the last time I posted.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-06-2017, 09:57 PM
All the best to Max in his new home
vanessamarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
All the best to Max in his new home

Thank you, Lacey. However, I spoke too soon. The couple changed their minds. My heart is hurting for him from all the rejections but I am going to keep looking.

<3
Airwrecka
New Member!
Female 

28-06-2017, 07:52 AM
Best of luck to you Max. Hope you find a great home!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2017, 07:57 AM
Poor Max, I hope a loving furever home comes along soon! xx
vanessamarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2017, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Airwrecka View Post
Originally Posted by Airwrecka View Post
Thank you. I've been a mess. It is literally killing me. I'm still looking for a place but everyone is telling me that if it's that extreme it might be more humane to put him down. Really trying not to do that but I am running out of options.

the couple who rejected him last weekend set up a page for Max to get boarding and training. Not sure why it's so expensive---but if you or anyone you know is interested in donating a couple dollars. The money will go towards this intensive training at iworkdog.com

Took another week off of work to be with him and figure out what we are going to do.

Hope you had a nice holiday weekend.

--Vanessa
vanessamarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-07-2017, 01:23 AM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Poor Max, I hope a loving furever home comes along soon! xx
Thank you Nippy! I am trying my best. I was hoping you could help share this link. The couple who rejected him last weekend started a gofundme page for intensive training and while this was not my plan (because if I could afford it--I would've done it myself before thinking of re-homing). I don't know why it's so expensive but iWorkdogs.com has had success with dogs like Max. If you or anyone you know would be interested in donating--that's be great. Thanks so much.

--Vanessa