Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 10:43 AM

Problem with Hector

Since have Bonnie, Hector has decided to start weeing again at night.
Is this because of having the newspapers down and he's seeing this as a invitation or just norty behaviour ?

Also he is eating bonnie's poo. He used to eat his own but now its Bonnies.

Is it safe to put some pineapple in Bonnies food or will it upset her tum ( she's 14 weeks old )

This is driving me mad . Puppy housetraining I can cope with but with Hector, well !! you can imagine
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
I think it's quite common for them to 'go back' a bit in their behaviour regarding weeing overnight.

So perhaps 'go back' with him to rewarding him to going in the right place.

The poo eating - one of my own problems here ongoing and the only way is to pick up as soon as they have been - but I'm guessing this is not going to help you - don't know regarding the pineapple I'm afraid - sorry.

Good luck though!
lizdll
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-12-2006, 09:28 PM
i dont know really if its safe on a little pup but i am sure someone will know + also i thought it had some thing to do with them not getting enough nutrients or something in there diet can cause them to eat poo i dunno i am sure someone with the answers will be along soon
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Hi Hectorsmum any change of routine or circumstances can affect dogs .
I really don't like newspaper and can't see the point in it. I always take puppies outside to be clean.

Hector may well have been raised on newspaper as a puppy before he was house trained,or perhaps you used it during house training in which case he may associate it with relieving himself.

As to eating the feces, it is best to ignore this, if you shout at him he may do it all the more to conceal it because it is associated with your displeasures.

If Bonnie is taken out at regular intervals after food/sleep/play/excitement/every hour and rewarded when she relieves herself outside she should not be soiling in the house at all.

It should not be necessary to use pineapple, if you do use only a small amount and chop it finely or it may make Bonnie vomit. .
enerosar
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:08 AM
Cant offer much help sorry, but i know one of my boys were paper trained and to this day if there is a paper open on the foor he will go and water it. After him i always used the puppy pads with my next pup so it is possable hes seeing the papper as somewherehe can go.

But like the others have said he might just go backwards in training for a while since you have a pup.

I would try a little pineapple in pups food.
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 12:58 PM
Thanks for the info

hector was paper trained as a pup.I did think that is why hes doing it. i've got some puppy pads and will try them to see if it is the papers.

bonnie is dry during the day now with only 1 wee and the occasionaly poo at night, and this is when hector is eating it(yuk)
in the day i'm outside ready with my bags to clean up quickly( when i've put them back inside) to break the habit with hector.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Just a thought are you sure it is Hector not Bonnie eating it if overnight? I know some puppies do this too - yukky things aren't they!
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:14 PM
yep!

cause he's always done it since we've had him, unless i clean up quick.
and the wee is like a lake, so i know it not bonnie. LOL!

bonnie, i've noticed, will sniff and walk away disgusted. a nice clean girlie.
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2006, 01:38 PM
Oh good girl - typical the girls realise what a vile habit it is - Re: the lake - mmmm bit of a giveaway I guess then!

Good luck - not sure how to stop it then - sorry - aside from separating which I would think you would rather not do (me either I have to say cos nice company for each other!)
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2006, 11:55 AM
tried the puppy pads last night

no wee of Hector BUT he poo'd

might try separating them for a while, back to the ear plugs!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >