Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jojo-eena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-05-2007, 12:57 PM

Able to enter ??

Hi !

I think I already know the answer but just thought I would check.... Theo has had to have an operation on his foot as he stood on a stick and a bit of wood got stuck. Anyway, he is now fine (stitches come out today yay! ) but the thing is his shved areas will not have grown back completely would you still take to a show or is this a complete no no ??

There is a local RSPCA show at the end of May which I will go to just for fun (it will be his first) but am not sure wether to enter anything a bit more serious.

Thanks for your advice
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Yeah I'd take him to a show up to Open level, not sure about a Champ show though.

One thing, although it's probably irrelevant in this case, if the op altered his natural conformation (i.e. nail or toe removed, etc) you'd have to apply to the KC for permission to show before taking him anywhere.

Debs
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Yes you can!!! And yes I would go - I would do open shows definitely too. In fact I have taken my dog to an open show before with 'shaved' bits and without any fur on his tail due to operation!!! He got a 1st in a large class too!
Jojo-eena
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the replies !! - it was not the answer I was expecting which is great news

Best go and sort out the entries
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Good luck to you both and do keep us posted.
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-05-2007, 04:16 PM
Yes take him, my dogs often have shaved patches with donating blood and they win at Champion show....good luck
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh yes, do go - you will have a great time and this wouldn't matter at all I am sure!