Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2007, 11:04 PM
Originally Posted by eloquence View Post
i am a single mum of 2, we also live in a 3 bed H/A house.
i work full time - and i pay the full rent!!

but what really ticks me off is the kids that have kids as soon as they finish school! and then to make it worse they just keep having them, they don't work at all (and have no intension of), they get all the benfits going and are laughing.
here is an example,
a woman up the road, also lives in a 3 bed H/A house, doesn't work - nor her other half, she is expecting her 9th baby - yes 9th! i'm deadly serious. they are very squashed in a 3 bed, but good cos that takes the p**s!
9th baby? Sad think is I really do believe you. My friend works as a special needs assistant at a local school and one particular parent is now on her 9th child. Reason? Because people on her estate are saying that because she's only ever had girls, the father can't be the "father"!!! So she's going to keep popping them out until she gets a boy to prove a point, yep true story folks! To hell with the welfare of her kids, it's all about HER!

I used to be friends with someone who turned into a multiple single parent - on purpose. She knew fine well that if she had kids singly she'd keep her house and not have to work due to the benefits she received. Not only that but the council would pay a proportion of the rent, gas and electric. Her council rates were reduced, she got a brand new kitchen (the previous tennants trashed it), new driveway and new fencing in the back garden.

Hence we became "ex" friends. To me this is what's wrong with this country these days, to flippin' soft. Yes there will be some genuine cases and I'm all for housing those in need that are willing to pay their way. But not for down right lazy scroungers, which is exactly what my friend was. As are the majority of the parents of the kids my friend teaches, and so will these kids, and so it continues!

Now the government wonders why the teenage pregnancy rate is so high in this country, take away the benefits and free housing and I can pretty much guarantee the pregnancy rate will decrease.

And here's another example of how backward this government is. I had a friend who was a single parent, she loved her little boy, but her boyfriend was a total psycho and ended up being sectioned. Yet she continued to try and get through our Nursing course, sad thing is she actually lost out trying to gain employment. If she'd have sat on her a**e all day doing nowt she'd have got benefits, but becasue she was willing to work etc she got nothing.

Brilliant eh? Try and better yourself and you get nothing, sit on your backside at home all day and they give you everything you could ever want?

Now where the hell is the common sense in that?????

Sorry, rant over.
eloquence
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 12:29 AM
but its true rips!!!! you are right.

i promise she is having her 9th, i think its dreadful tbh with you. i don't know what they do with all the money though cos the kids look like they've never had a bath and all their clothes are in tatters. gross.
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Here's another one for ya, two people I worked with one was a married woman and always moaning about what she didnt have, very very jealous of anyone who mentioned they were going on holiday or brought a new car (she liked to give a few snide comments about how much my car cost me, I can afford it so she got told to shut up) now her and her husband had a child so they could and I quote
Get a flat with cheaper rent from the H/A
that was the only reason why they had the child, they had been on the housing list for 18 months and were never at the top of the list as they both worked, when they had the child, BINGO they were at the top of the list, she left her job and they were offered a brand new 2 bed flat. She comes back to work part time bragging about how cheap the rent is and she's working just enough to stay under a certain threshold so they still get credits/benefits/whatever. I've never been on benefits in the UK in my entire life and I have no intention of doing so.

A fellow co-worker is single, has a fairly decently paid job but cant afford even a basic flat round here, prices are to high, so he looks into doing the shared equity scheme, he went to the local CAB for advice on what he can do get his foot on the ladder, he's in his late 20's and home with mum and dad, and is told that he wont even get looked at for a council flat as he earns to much. But if he wants to get a flat, he's to chuck in his job and declare himself homeless. Luckily for the local council, he has a few morals and wont do that. So he's back to looking to rent somewhere or move away from where he grew up so he can afford a flat somewhere. The government really does nothing to get scrounges and low life breeders to get off their **** and do something about it. I would really really like to see a system brought in where benefits weren't paid for more than two or three kids. That would soon stop the stupid girls having more kids. But that's very unpc and this gorvernment doesnt do that
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 02:26 PM
next door to me have 6 under 7..............both have never worked and prob get more to live on a week than we do
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
next door to me have 6 under 7..............both have never worked and prob get more to live on a week than we do
Arggggggggggg,
I have no prob with people living in council acomadation, but I think it should be given to the people who are willing to pay for it
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Inca View Post
See now this is the thing, looking at it from their point of view, can you blame them????

If my place was council i could give up my job get my rent paid, council tax paid along with many other benefits and be better off than i am now, in a 1 bed flat, working because i HAVE to, i wouldve loved to have stayed at home when my daughter was a baby, but i couldnt afford to i had a mortgage to pay (OH and i had split up) and by the time i paid the nursery fees there was nothing left, my OH actually has to stay at his mum's most of the time now as he works mad shifts and would get no sleep here when he's on nights and most of his stuff is there too because we dont have the room for all 3 of us, so he has basically moved out!!!!

I am entitled to nothing!!!!!!

Then they invent working tax credit, great i think, or not...... i dont work enough hours to claim it, was told i would have to claim income support instead who would "top up" my salary but guess what? According to them i earn too much so i say again........

I AM ENTITLED TO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It IS wrong but i have to say i dont blame them for "working" the system. If i could do it i b****y would!!!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
See now this is the thing, looking at it from their point of view, can you blame them????

If my place was council i could give up my job get my rent paid, council tax paid along with many other benefits and be better off than i am now, in a 1 bed flat, working because i HAVE to, i wouldve loved to have stayed at home when my daughter was a baby, but i couldnt afford to i had a mortgage to pay (OH and i had split up) and by the time i paid the nursery fees there was nothing left, my OH actually has to stay at his mum's most of the time now as he works mad shifts and would get no sleep here when he's on nights and most of his stuff is there too because we dont have the room for all 3 of us, so he has basically moved out!!!!

Then they invent working tax credit, great i think, or not...... i dont work enough hours to claim it, was told i would have to claim income support instead who would "top up" my salary but guess what? According to them i earn too much so i say again........

It IS wrong but i have to say i dont blame them for "working" the system. If i could do it i b****y would!!!
I wouldn't to be honest out pride and the principle, not saying that you have neither of these though.

Know what you mean not being entitled to anything. When I was a Student Nurse I earned about £480 a month. I applied for help with health care (prescriptions, dentistry, opticians etc). I got told I wasn't eligible cos I earned too much?!?!?! The threshold was £56 a week, if you earned more than that you weren't eligible. Sorry but if I earned less than that I'd be dead within months anyway!
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post

I understand your point entirely. Those people seem to have life easier in the sense that they don't pay for jack. Problem is though, if and when you decide you are going to step up and do something with yourself, it's very difficult to leave the safety net that is benefits. It irritates me something chronic that I will only get a flat when I would love a house that I would pay for myself and not claim any benefits. That won't happen until I'm ready to have a mortgage. It's all back-to-front in this country.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-04-2007, 08:11 AM
It just annoys me that these people have sat on their backsides, never had a job and have no intention of getting a job, i have worked and paid tax for 20 years!!!! Have been in my current job for 15 years, all fulltime untill i had my daughter, i have paid my fair share but when i need help, everyone goes deaf and all i get is i'm sorry you are not entitled!!!

zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2007, 02:10 PM
If your single or a couple of any sort you should be able to get help if you really need it - what shouldn't happen is all the extra for having children. It encourages people to have them when they can't afford them on their own. I know accidents happen but how come everything else we want in our life is considered a luxuary but it seems people can't help having children?

Simple example - I needed some help with a living accomodation situation along time ago the first question I got asked was do I have children - I said no and they said there will be little we can do to help. If you have children you get yourself a house if you don't you get almost no help - the best they said they could do for me was a 'room' in some multiple person accomodation at a little less than it would cost to rent elsewhere...well yippie skippie! My mates at the time were being given two bed flats for having a baby on the way.

If people knew they had to be self sufficient no matter how many children they had I think alot more would keep their legs crossed...lol
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >