Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Anti virus help

Hi all,
I have Anti virus on my computor but it is displaying a red cross through it,saying real time inactive,email off.I have tried to scan,it won't let me,i can't figure out for the life of me how to turn email and real time back on
Any suggestions please?
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Hi all,
I have Anti virus on my computor but it is displaying a red cross through it,saying real time inactive,email off.I have tried to scan,it won't let me,i can't figure out for the life of me how to turn email and real time back on
Any suggestions please?
Have you tried to re-boot your computer?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
Hi all,
Any suggestions please?
What antivirus are you using? Can you right click on it and check the properties, is there anything in there that says 'enable' or something like that?
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:24 PM
Hi,
Yep tried restarting,nothing,i've right clicked on it and can't access anything,it's ez anti virus,tried updating and it is updated.I'm really confused
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem with Norton and in the end I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked ok, but before long it did it again so now have free soft ware from the net that my friend pete (a complete computer geek) sent me the files to download and its just as good and in some cases better than the ones you pay for
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
I had the same problem with Norton and in the end I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked ok, but before long it did it again so now have free soft ware from the net that my friend pete (a complete computer geek) sent me the files to download and its just as good and in some cases better than the ones you pay for
Yes Avast and AVG are meant to be better than Norton and are completely free - I'm going with one of them when my Norton runs out in November

This is the AVG free edition download which is meant to be excellent and the one I am going to go with in November
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti.../lng/us/tpl/v5
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Agree with Zuba I have a free one called Avast Home Edition and it is brill.
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy View Post
Yes Avast and AVG are meant to be better than Norton and are completely free - I'm going with one of them when my Norton runs out in November

This is the AVG free edition download which is meant to be excellent and the one I am going to go with in November
http://free.grisoft.com/doc/avg-anti.../lng/us/tpl/v5

I have AVG, when I installed it it found 2 trojans so I would reccommend removing Norton and getting AGV asap

I also have Zone alarm fire wall, really easy to use and is great
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...try=US&lang=en
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Thanks for those links Guys,Do i have to remove norton to download those?
Sorry not very good with computors
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by Zuba View Post
I have AVG, when I installed it it found 2 trojans so I would reccommend removing Norton and getting AGV asap

I also have Zone alarm fire wall, really easy to use and is great
http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...try=US&lang=en
Guess what - I just have Zuba I thought whats the use of waiting till it runs out in November so I have just got rid of Norton once and for all and installed the AVG one
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >