Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2007, 11:15 PM

puppies starting raw

im weaning my first raw litter,and they loved there first raw chicken carcasses,i sat with them to make sure they didnt choke,on any small bones,heres the picture i thought youd like a look,they have had ox hearts,and chicken so far,and beef mince is this ok?

wee princess
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 07:20 AM
oh bless look at them hope it goes well, i cant help with is it ok as i dont raw feed but there are lots of owners on here that do so i am sure they will answer that for you. good luck and your babys look great.

sam
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 08:37 AM
My pups are 5 weeks old and have been on raw chicken wings, frozen then defrosted minced steak (to kill off the bugs) heart, tripe since 3 weeks old......they also have one meal of Burns mini-bites, just so they are used to a variety of foods before they leave me.

They love it!
skjerstad
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 08:44 AM
Looks good to me, the breeder I got Nudge from was giving rabbit too.
Lovely pups.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-04-2007, 09:06 AM
I know my breeder was saying to me that she soaks porridge oats in goats milk overnight for the pups breakfast.
Also they have free range eggs from (believe it or not) corn fed hens, she uses Maluka (?) honey as well. I think this is when she first starts weaning them off their mother though.
I was just picking her brains for when I breed actually and found what she does really interesting. When I used to breed dobies I used to give goats milk as well as the porridge when first weaning.
By the looks of yours though they have got well stuck in and are enjoying it They look superb, healthy boys and girls eating you out of house and home
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Wow! they look like they are really getting stuck in
Glad everythings going well for you and the puppies
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:50 PM
thanks for all tips they are doing real good im really suprised compared to the kibble fed pups there putting the weight on better and keeping it on,combined with there worming programme thanx everyone for your help and il post more pic as the get up a bit,
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2007, 12:59 PM
when I feed chicken carcuss I make sure it amounts to approx no more than 25% of their entire diet - definitly no more than 30%...all I would say is make sure they are getting plenty of meat added as carcuss on it's own is much to boney, the ox heart you have been feeding acts as meat and of course the beef mince so just make sure they are getting plenty of it in addition and think about adding other meats for variety too not to forget a little liver/kidney etc.

The picture is real cute - It's hard to imagine them so small that they can fit their whole head in the carcuss...lol bless them