View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessi Clark
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Enough so I don't have to worry when Griffin destroys one but not enough that we never have to buy another!! They're currently overflowing the toy basket they have which to most would probably imply they need culling but to me just means I need a bigger basket !
Emma1973
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Far far to many. I was just saying the other day that I'm sure the dog has more toys than our son had when he was little.
LYKA
New Member!
Female 

29-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Very few!!

He either destroys them at home or loses them when we go swimming!
So as fast as I buy them they go!
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by Jessi Clark View Post
Enough so I don't have to worry when Griffin destroys one but not enough that we never have to buy another!! They're currently overflowing the toy basket they have which to most would probably imply they need culling but to me just means I need a bigger basket !
Haha totally agree, if they don't fit you need more room, I tend to buy one so much bigger it needs re-filling! That said we have a few different boxes which get changed every 2 weeks or so, when ever I think he gets a bit bored. But some stay out (his faves).
MaggieH
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Mine have many toys. I have a toy chest for them but invariably they are scattered all over the kitchen and living room before noon!!
shaqutus
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2015, 10:08 PM
A box full of toys, although there are many toys that are not played with that often. Jomy loves fetching and he has that little rope toy that he brings to my feet when he wants to fetch it. Jinxie doesn't really care what toy she has, as long as someone is ready to chase her I personally think that hand puppets make nice toys for dogs, it feels more like there's another animal playing instead of you with the dog (or that's at least what I want to believe!) I'm happy that my dogs can have a lot of toys and they don't destroy them like my friend's labrador does She can't have any toys!
Vicky88
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-07-2015, 01:48 PM
Four draws full. Plus the basket of toys they have out. I rotate the toys about once a week so they all get played with, and my dogs don't get bored, they love it when they get 'new' toys each week
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-07-2015, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by CuteRotts View Post
I can't believe I wrote that!
The funny thing is - we now have Bill.
And his favourite toys are ....... dirty knickers (and socks) tea towels and plants pots!!!
Is it just mine that are like this or is this normal?

This is so funny. 6 years later, and 2 different dogs in the house, and my lounge is still covered in socks and plant pots!! Only now there are bones and chewed up balls too
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2015, 10:57 AM
One small ball and one large ball...Just not a toy person and when I gave collie a toy she looked at it thoughtfully, bit its ear off and swallowed it. Wee dog used to play with an empty plantpot hilariously but now she digs holes where she is totally allowed to do so. Used to play with brushes too, hanging on and growling but not seen that for a long while.. we are getting old! Never had toys for the cats either.. Just me to play with.
Popster
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2015, 08:21 PM
My Poppy has several toys ranging from balls, to rope bones, to squeaky soft toys. She is so funny with them all. She will come up to me, dump one in my lap then whine and woof. When I go to pick it up she grabs it back and starts to flick it up in the air. I've come down to my caravan for a couple of weeks and have to bring them all with me. They are all neatly stacked under the coffee table but not for long! If only I could teach her to put her toys away. Her favourites are the squeakies and she knows her moment - just when I'm watching something good on telly lol!
Page 14 of 15 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 >