Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
marieuk
New Member!
Female 

17-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Help With Rash/sore On Dogs Foot

Hi, Have noticed this morning a few spots of blood on my dogs bed which alerted me to this (pic link) on his paw. The whiteish cream area will not come off its like the skin on the pad has changed colour.
Normally it would be straight down the vets but before I part with another £50 thought I would check to see if I'm not over-reacting? Any thoughts?
Thanks alot
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

17-10-2009, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by marieuk View Post
Hi, Have noticed this morning a few spots of blood on my dogs bed which alerted me to this (pic link) on his paw. The whiteish cream area will not come off its like the skin on the pad has changed colour.
Normally it would be straight down the vets but before I part with another £50 thought I would check to see if I'm not over-reacting? Any thoughts?
Thanks alot
Hi Marie welcome to Dogsey.
It is difficult to comment not having seen the pad, (I assume it is just the one pad) and there could be a number of explanations for the colour change.

Does the pad look swollen/feel hot/any smell. My concern would be a whitish yellow area and bleeding could mean infection in the pad .

If in doubt about anything concerning my dog's health I visit the vet. I never worry about 'over reacting' and absorb the cost somehow (which can mean living on porridge and toast for a week ) .