View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:18 PM

Thinspiration....WOW!! You've got to look...

Hasn't this girl done well?!!
Wow, i *wish* i had that drive, this article has helped me and i feel ready to take on the weight issue once again!!

what you all think!!?

http://weight-loss.fitness.com/befor...bs-122lbs.html

x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:24 PM
I think you might be a little obsessed with weight loss.........

Ok, that may have sounded a bit harsh, but I have a bee in my bonnet about self-worth.

YOU are worth as much, if not more, than all those around you - never forget that.

It took me 32 years to stop dieting and I've never been happier than when I started loving myself.
Koda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Vicki - I know i am obsessed, but i cant help it, i want to look nice in clothes and not have to worry about being called "fat" or being judged by other people, i hate it

x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:28 PM
I remember watch a programme which spoke to former slimmers of the year and they admitted that being slimmer did not make them any happier as any weight gain was a sign of failure. I found this incredibly sad.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Oh Tiff, I'm sorry that I hit the nail on the head - I was hoping you would tear into me for being a stroppy old bat.

If you want to PM me about this, please do hon. I have still got weight "issues" thanks to being harrassed from the age of 14 to lose weight - all this made me do was get bigger - and it's not the answer.

Here if you need me, chick
xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:53 PM
You are a girl after my own heart Vicky
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
You are a girl after my own heart Vicky
Seeing people mentally scarred because of "beauty" issues makes my blood boil - mainly because I was a victim....... and still suffer today......
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 07:59 PM
Me too Vicky I was bullied at school to such a degree that I wanted to commit suicide at one point.. I lost my mum )when I was 7 and my Dad (bless him) had to run his own painting and decorating business and look after me and my brother and run a house. He was always there for me and my brother but at times I think I needed my mum I still cry for her now and I am 54.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
Me too Vicky I was bullied at school to such a degree that I wanted to commit suicide at one point.. I lost my mum )when I was 7 and my Dad (bless him) had to run his own painting and decorating business and look after me and my brother and run a house. He was always there for me and my brother but at times I think I needed my mum I still cry for her now and I am 54.
So sorry, hon. Children can be so cruel......

I suffered mild bullying at school but not enough to really affect me too badly, although I do remember the perpetrator's name to this day...... and I'm 55 (ha! beat you!)

x0x
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I looked and thought "oh good grief!"
Don't buy into the slim is better - its all hype and actually screws with your mind. In some cases slim is worse, health wise.
Your other post talking about trust made me think you need to talk to someone, this one confirms it. Please go, ask for help, get your self esteem back under your control!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >