Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 06:44 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 29th May

Good morning all.

Lynn hope you got Mark and Lauren all settled in ok.

Hope everyone else is ok too.

Have a good day everyone, don't get caught in a storm, stay SAFE and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 06:58 AM
Morning Moyra and everyone else. Supposed to be going into Shoreham to day to Dunelm as they have a sale on. But I see that the police are in attendance around Shoreham after arresting a man in connection with the Manchester bombing. Makes it a bit scary as lived in Shoreham for years and left because of a very bad neighbour. But as they say mustn't put life on hold because of some very bad people. Have a good day all. Very thundery last night so hope you all slept well.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 08:26 AM
Sorry to hear Shoreham is still attracting the wrong sort of person. Such a lovely place and the older generation there are wonderful people , just takes a few bad youngsters to spoil it all.

Still do not know what went down here the other night with all the police and ambulances in attendance.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-05-2017, 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Morning Moyra and everyone else. Supposed to be going into Shoreham to day to Dunelm as they have a sale on. But I see that the police are in attendance around Shoreham after arresting a man in connection with the Manchester bombing. Makes it a bit scary as lived in Shoreham for years and left because of a very bad neighbour. But as they say mustn't put life on hold because of some very bad people. Have a good day all. Very thundery last night so hope you all slept well.
Morning to you too. I hope you have a good day.
What happened in the Manchester Arena is abhorrent. The perpetrator won't do it again but that is of little comfort. Others will be/are being indoctrinated/radicalised. That's what needs to be stopped.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 08:34 AM
Morning Moyra, brenda and all who follow.
Yes Mark and lauren settling in nicely last of stuff went from here yesterday with us and Mark brought a load back including a washing machine they had been given after picking Joel up. Machine all plumbed in and working and then when they dropped Joel back they were picking up the last of Lauren's bits.
Both back to work today. Mark was feeling unwell Saturday night and I am not at all surprised. Still he seemed ok yesterday and both very excited and the house feels very homely even though they haven't any furniture yet except their bed.

Rained loads here during the night but sun coming out and drying out now although I do think we may get some showers.
Not long back from walking Dillon then breakfast.

brenda enjoy your day and stay safe.
Moyra hope the back has eased.
June hope all is well your end and griff and Eileen and Harvey.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 09:49 AM
morning all
wet here...not a happy camper!!!
Lynn, i remember well having no furniture, i had a sofa and a chair and that was it for ages...get them looking on gumtree/freecycle, you get some really really nice stuff on there for free...people like my mum who buy a sofa and then decide after 2 weeks actually she doesn't like it so buys another and wants the other gone for free asap Lol.....she has done that 3 times that i know of
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 09:51 AM
Rained heavy here last night. Nothing planned. Have a good day all.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Virgin down again last night, back up now, but its getting a bit too often now. Was going to cancel it this time as its got too expensive, but keep the broadband,may change the lot. Trouble is I have had them all now, wouldn't touch Talk Talk with z10 foot barge pole, Sky was good but prefer cable so never had their TV anyway, BT isn't that wonderful and very expensive as well.
Police still turning over stones and arresting people, they are concentrating on certain areas in the main, but seems to be overspill into areas and places you wouldn't expect, I.e. Shoreham!
Text from son saying he thinks he and his gf have split up, he's text to say they are talking it through so no idea what has gone on. All the money for the deposit on the mortgage came from son, me and my brother and son pays the mortgage, she doesn't earn much as a teaching assistant, now wondering if she'll be walking away with the proceeds
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 10:13 AM
Been into Shoreham and had breakfast at mc'd's lovely. Went into Dunelm and bought a few bits, came out and there was a police helicopter circling around and a couple of police cars went by. Nothing untowards though. Have a great rest of day peeps. Very warm here so probably thundery again according to the forecast.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Good afternoon everyone

Please Mark and Lauren are settling in. They will soon be able to find furniture they can use as has been said freecycle or gumtree are good places to look.

If your son and girlfriend can't sort things out I think he should seek legal advice as they are not married I don't know the how the law would stand. Just another worry you don't need June. Hope the girls are being good and all the poorly ones improving.

Hope you all stay safe in Shoreham Brenda, this brings things too close to home.

Lovely storm last night early hours but sunny this morning. Has now clouded over and feels heavy and it could rain at any time. Did a quick shop this morning so I won't have to go whilst youngest son is here, and eldest went clothes shopping too. If it doesn't rain I will pop out and plant out my cabbage plants

stay safe and have a good day.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >