Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:00 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peeps

Up early cos I've got the vet at 9 for a checkover on that paw, and the bee sting, not to mention the inner ear infection, but hopefully, we'll get the all clear. She still hasn't touched that foot, but I got a fright last night with that, when I'd been on the phone for an hour, she had a white sock on at the time and I saw all this gunk, so I went into headless chicken mode, got it off to take a look and it looked the same I smelled the sock and noticed it was more brown than red, so I thought it was a discharge, but the nail looked fine Then I realised, she had been eating her bone kong which I'd filled with yesterday's lamb leftoverts Phew, panic over

Jenny, I think you're right about that muscle I've pulled here, so I'm going to google for help with it. I do hope Rucksack gets some resbite from these blooming itchy mites on his legs, and I hope we don't have any of these up at the park, but I doubt it, they sound more like field critters?

Lynn, Hope Dillon let you lie in a bit this morning. Try not to worry too much about the move and how naughty he's going to be, no point in worrying about something that hasn't happened is there, and I'm sure he won't be as bad as you think. Zena is a nightmare with visitors, even visitors she knows, but I have to accept it, and I thought being outside so much, seeing them all coming and going would cure her, and it has to a certain extent, at least I'm able to shut her up when necessary (eventually!). As for them coming through the door, I've cracked that as well, by giving her a job to go and get her ball, and she lets them in, no longer assaults them, cos I tell her to lie down and she does, so it's all progress and the only way you can do it is by practice, each time you'll see an improvement. She's the same as Dillon though with the centre of attention thing with them, but that's because she's spoiled, and I spend much more time enjoying HER company than I do any visitors, so spoiled she shall remain Don't forget too, Dillon is still a baby isn't he, but Zena should know better, but sadly, she doesn't

Lorraine, I do hope you're getting lots of support and love from all the family, and you're managing to cope.xxx I think it was you, who smelled that perfume of your grandma's the other night??? I'm sure it was you? I'm sure she came to let you know that no matter what happens, she's still around you to help you through, and she's hoping you will remember the night she came to tell you that.xxx

Bev, I hope you managed to find the time to get yourself down to the doc and get some treatment. Better still, I hope the pain has all gone now. You've probably been overdoing it and you've got angina which always strikes when you overdo things. Use that spray they gave you it works wonders. Hope you're better today anyway.

Better get myself ready for our short walk, it's a lovely sunny day again darn sarf better make the most of it before the rain arrives.

Enjoy your day everyone
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Good morning Helena, I hope all goes well for Zena this morning. I'm feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed as Marco didn't wake until 6:20 again and that was only because he could hear me up and about - I'm getting used to these later mornings, just hoping he sticks with it and that 5am is a thing of the past
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:24 AM
Morning Cacoll, well that's just great to hear, it's lovely when they actually settle into your routine isn't it
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Cacoll, well that's just great to hear, it's lovely when they actually settle into your routine isn't it
Oh yes it's bliss, sometimes I have to get up at 5 and I can live with that, but it's lovely to have that extra time when I can get it - I love my bed
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Morning all.
I hope Zenas foot etc gets the ok from the vet Helenait's one thing after another isn't it.
Morning Cacoli
I sometimes have to laugh at this thread when I read about all the dogs getting all of you up. Pepsi would sleep for England and some mornings we have to physically get her off the bed for her walk
I was treated to a lovely meal last night for a belated birthday celebration, pictures later
Hope you all have a good day.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 06:47 AM
Morning H and all,
Just a quickie as I am running late and have a 10 hr working day ahead of me.
Hope you all have a good day and everyone is well and dogs are behaving.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Good luck Helena at the vet with Zena and hopefully all is healing well. You made me smile with the 'headless-chicken' over what you thought was gunk ..... but I can just imagine that moment of panic before you realised what it was.
Cacoll how lovely that you are getting a 'later morning call' from Marco ..... still blooming early but us doggie people don't half appreciate that extra little bit in bed.
Nippy - Have a lovely 'birthday' meal. My last little dog would sleep in until 9 or so in the morning but not these two bouncy brothers who love life to the full and clearly don't want to miss a thing
Bev - Another long day for you again. I expect you can't wait to move 'cos it'll be like a holiday for you

Busy morning catching up with washing and ironing, some shopping and making a pud to take up to friends this afternoon for a late lunch. Most importantly though is taking the dogs out for a long walk so that they don't mind being left later .... well they won't be happy they'll have to hang on for their tea

Moyra - Thinking of you and your sister today (((hugs))) .
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Morning all. Just a quick call. All arrived safe and sound and very happy to be here. We were all up until 4am and I am like a zombie this morning! Bella would happily sleep in these days - alas it gets too hot to allow her to do that at this time of year so it was up and out with her at 8am. I really didn't feel like it! She's gone back to bed of course.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-08-2013, 07:30 AM

Nechda - hope all goes well with Zena at the vet. I am sure she will be a good girl today [hopefully!].

Cacoll - Marco really is being good and fitting in with your up times - and I love seeing the photos you post of him!

Jenny - another birthday meal out? Lucky girl!

Bev - I do so wish you could take it easy - SIGH

jenny - I hope Rucksack is not chewing his legs too much, poor boy with the itchies.

Pat - sounds like the whole family has now arrived - I hope you all have a wonderful time!

Moyra - Thinking of you and your sister - only caught up with the sad news this morning. (((hugs)))

Lorraine - more (((hugs))) for you. xx

- I am expecting someone from the Moshav committee to come and see the balagan outside some time this morning - I gather a number of people have made official complaints so we are all waiting to see what will happen. In the meantime it appears to be tools down.

Apart from anything else nothing I have tried on my ankle/foot appears to be helping the largest wound although the others seem to be drying up, so I am hoping it will follow suit - preferably sooner rather than later!

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 07:54 AM
Morning everyone, feel like a wet rag this morning, Lord only knows how my sister is. She is staying with her daughter overnight. Not sure if or when she will be going home. The place will seem empty without Tony there. She will be completely lost having waited on him hand and foot for 20 years since he had his first stroke.

Helena, I hope Zena's foot is ok this morning and the visit to the vet goes ok.

Lynn, I am so sorry you are feeling the way you are about moving. I just hope you will feel better about it once you have moved.

Bev, you really worry me. You must get some rest in or you will crack up.

Lore, hope getting all the arrangements made is helping you cope. The say the loss is felt greatest after the funeral when you are supposed to pick up routines and carry on......as if?!

Malka, so pleased you have a deputation coming to look at the state they have left your front of house in. Hopefully, you will now get something done.

jenny, so sorry about Flash's legs must worry him terribly poor little man.

TW, so pleased the police have apprehended your ex son lets hope they throw the book at him for what he has done.

I am sure I have forgotten a few of you but my brain is addled this morning.

Take care everyone and have a good day, God bless.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 > Last »