Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:38 PM

small dogs with big dogs?

I was talking to a woman in the pet shop today, who was horrified to find out I had 2 lil miniature pinschers living in the same household as a mad Boxer and Giant beast of a Dobermann(her words not mine!)
Thought i'd put some pics up of my lot, just to prove that they can all live along in harmony
although it does get a bit scary at times, when you ask Ice and Aura to sit, just as Bugzy and Meeka decide to run under them as you tell them that..its a good job these lil ones can run so fast, so they can dodge out the way

Anyone else live with big dogs and little ones? please post piccies too if you can

Oh and ignore the date thingy on the pics, most of them were taken yesterday and today, but my camera has reset its date so its thinks we are still in living in 2003

The 2 terrors (Bugzy and Meeka )

Aura and Meeka (with the OH peeking in the background)

Aura on her own (showing off that lovely un scarred belly, not for much longer, shes booked in for the 14th of this month

Ice and Meeka

Ice and Bugzy

Mouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-04-2009, 08:01 AM
How lovely to see & what a great mix of dogs. I would love a min pin will take me a long time to save up tho!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 08:08 AM
lovely dogs, great photos
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Don't see why big and little dogs shouldn't live together! You have a lovely pack there. I have been offered a Papillon last week, but OH said no Will have to wait for my tiny pack member a wee while longer...
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

07-04-2009, 08:20 AM

Only small thing about Frankie is his height, certainly not his attitude
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 08:25 AM
I have a secret passion for the min pin... one day....

Jackjack wasn't as small as a minpin, but used to muck in with the big guys no problem ...

Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
I can't post a photo, but my terrier Bryan (9kg) is living very happily with a 'monster' lab, Pudding (44kg).

I think sometimes little dogs get on better with big dogs. Well, in Bryans case anyway

P.S. Aura is totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 11:23 AM

Inka and Toro
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post

Only small thing about Frankie is his height, certainly not his attitude
Lol must be a small dog thing.. what they lack in size they make up for in ATTITUDE My MinPins are feisty lil bu***rs.

Originally Posted by magpye View Post
I have a secret passion for the min pin... one day....

Jackjack wasn't as small as a minpin, but used to muck in with the big guys no problem ...

Noooooo dont get one.. you cant stop at one.. you end up with 2.. Min pins are evil lil monsters in a cute, sweet dogs body, they have a plan to take over the world (I love them really)
JackJack looked a cutie

Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
How lovely to see & what a great mix of dogs. I would love a min pin will take me a long time to save up tho!
I was very lucky with mine, Bugzy was given to my daughter as a gift from my friend, to help encourage her to show, before she got Bugz she would go along with my friend and her daughter to the shows and handle some of her MinPins for her. Because Beth really took to showing, my friend asked me if I'd let her give Beth a puppy of her own to show. Now she still goes to the shows with my Friend and family and takes Bugzy along too, she's got that show bug (shes doing really well with him too )
Meeka came along 5 months later as a friend for Bugzy

Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
Don't see why big and little dogs shouldn't live together! You have a lovely pack there. I have been offered a Papillon last week, but OH said no Will have to wait for my tiny pack member a wee while longer...
Awww work on your OH. before we had these lil ones, my OH was a big dog person only.. now although he still loves the big dogs, he will sit on the sofa at night with Meeka or Bugzy on his chest and he's so sloppy with them...he still wont walk them tho.. he says he has to have some streed cred still

Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
lovely dogs, great photos

ty ty.. I think there lovely... well I do except for when the door goes.. or Pete gets in from work, then I think there yappy noisy lil blighters that egg on the big dogs to bark too
bugzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Sarah27 View Post
I can't post a photo, but my terrier Bryan (9kg) is living very happily with a 'monster' lab, Pudding (44kg).

I think sometimes little dogs get on better with big dogs. Well, in Bryans case anyway

P.S. Aura is totally gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
I really dont get why some people say big and small dogs cant live together... I think its all to do with the dogs themselves, and how they are all introduced and taught to get on with one another.
Bless at saying Aura is gorgeous.. most people say she looks ugly .. my daughter has a great comment when people say that though.. she comes out with " you may think our dog looks ugly,We think shes beautifull but your personality certainly is ugly"

Originally Posted by inkliveeva View Post

Inka and Toro
Cute piccy, looks like Inka is giving Toro a cuddle there, and Toro's thinking oh no dont get it on camera please
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >