Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 07:53 AM

Morning - Dogsey Daily Thread - Tuesday

Morning all Dogsey Peops

What a night down sarf!! It's still snowing here, and the snow is now piled high, over a foot, and 2ft in places with the drifts, pics later.

I told you it was bad! They've had Cheryl Baker on the news who's been stuck in traffic for 10 hours trying to do an hour's journey from Brighton to Kent and she's still stuck in it! Dave set off at 6 am (yes, he's mad but determined) and he came home at 7, having gone 2 miles to gridlock and managed to turn around and head back home. IF they had gritted the roads, it wouldn't be this bad, and they say they did, but they didn't We're definitely snowed in now, poor Zena got buried just going outside for a wee, and Dave said it's now solid ice out there. Never seen snow this bad for many, many years.

Hey ho! I'm sure I can find some much needed jobs indoors to do today. It'll be too dangerous to take Zena out I think, but I'll give it a go later.

Hope you don't get any of this, and if you do, it won't be as bad, cos this lot we've had is from France coming across the channel and is moving back over there today (allegedly!).

I shall sit and wait for the supply sledge now, courtesy of half the Dogsey doglets who hopefully set off last night. Hopefully, they can take the cross country route to avoid the traffic chaos on the roads here

Enjoy your day
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Morning H and all.
The snow is awful doesn't look like the roads have been gritted either when I took Lily out. My patio looks funny as there is a strip down the middle with no snow and the rest it has blown into drifts a good foot deep. The poor birds are very hungrey and thirsty this morning so I have fed and watered them.

I am off to slimming world this morning but will walk there as doubt I will get my car out of the road. Just hope they clear the roads so I can get a bus to work tonight.

Please take care all and don't go out if you have snow unless you have to.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:01 AM
Its snowed here a little but not as much as you've had, why this country can't get organised when they know its going to snow and get icy!!
I'm planning to take Rosie out and then stop at home because I am mardi and don't like the cold lol
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

Helena - you poor things down there on 'house-arrest', I've just seen the news and it really is very bad down your way Apparently they did grit the roads but with the amount of snow you've had it will have had little effect. Sounds as though you are expecting another 1". Last time we had snow I ended up having to clear a path to the lawn where I also cleared an area for mine to do their toilet.

I'm feeling refreshed after a good night sleep but my goodness it is so cold and the wind is as bitter as a bitter wind can be.

Quiet day for me trying to catch up on basic housework - what my poor house needs is more than that but hey ho, it will all get done sometime.

Enjoy your day and I hope any sick people and dogs are feeling better.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:24 AM
Morning H, Bev, Mandy, Jenny and all

Poor you H, we are on the edge of it and it's bad enough.

The school here is open today although the South Drive is closed due to drifting, they are frantically trying to make the North Drive passable, there are more trees and hedges in that direction which has helped prevent the drifting, there is a hair pin bend with a sheer drop so I am surprised that they are risking it tbh! I haven't checked the track yet but it was knee deep in places 20 minutes after the snow plough came down and the wind has been howling all night so that will not have improved it! Luckily we had our dog food delivery last week so we can hold out for a month!

It's so cold here I don't think the dogs will go far if at all, it might be playtime in the lounge instead!

Have a good day all, stay warm!
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Morning

Just a few flurries here; sorry for those of you snowed in.

Helena I hope you can sort out your van and guests.

Loki is still fairly quiet but he'll enjoy his walk - it's too cold for the mud to be wet so we can enjoy the fields without sinking.

Have a great day everyone.
xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2013, 08:49 AM

Has your supply sledge arrived yet? And did the parachute drop land in the right place? I did order a bright red parachute so you should be able to find it in the snow - told them to aim for your back garden...

Talking of which, not that I can remember the year, one winter morning I opened the back door to let the Griffs out and lotsa snow fell in [the wind had drifted it against the back of the house]. Griffs crossing their little leggies so muggins here plonked through the snow to the shed to get a spade so I could dig out a p&p place for them.

But the shed had done a collops due to the weight of snow on top of it [well it was a carp shed to start with] so I could not find the spade.

Ever tried digging out a p&p place with a fish slice?

Seriously though, I hope everyone affected keeps safe and warm.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:49 AM

Logged in a bit earlier to see how you and everyone in the south east are Helena. Dreadful. I hope you and the furries are all ok and have supplies until it clears.
I hate to say it but it's like a summers day here except that it's -2
Take care all, back later.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Morning Helena,Morning all

Cold here, and snowing trying to stick so I've been and picked up my bits I needed just incase Sun is coming out at interval's, and still very windy.

Not much planned for today,have to wait for Megs food to be delivered so can get on with the usual chores.

Have a good day all x
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-03-2013, 08:52 AM
You'll find the sled parked out of the worst of the weather Helena, its all covered over and inside are all your goodies, all dogs asleep in your nice hallway next to a radiator. Except Jimmi who is curled up with Zena, please feed everyone when you've got a moment, oh...and with all the snow looks like they'll be with you for a while, but Cariad and Lona have brought their own supplies with them.
Poor Dave having to come back, hope his undies aren't in too much of a twist.
Bright sunshine here and blue sky, amazing isn't it. Saw the news last night and the whole of the south coast seems to be a white blob!!!!
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 > Last »