Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2012, 05:33 PM

Does a Dog change ........

Does the personality of a male dog change after having a planned mating for the first time, or will he keep wanting females everytime he smells a female in season. Can anyone advise please.
Aviator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I think this is true of all mammalian males.. mating is a very strong instinct and if the first time has put him off then I would be very surprised.

Therefore like all red blooded males he will continue to lust after the demanding, ill-logical, emotional, irrational creatures.
mummysnoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
I think this is true of all mammalian males.. mating is a very strong instinct and if the first time has put him off then I would be very surprised.

Therefore like all red blooded males he will continue to lust after the demanding, ill-logical, emotional, irrational creatures.
Are you trying to say something about us females?????
LOL

Well, that's it then, he's staying celibate whether he wants to or not.
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:55 PM

Whoa cowboy your in a danger zone, try and keep the response to dogs!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Some dogs do, some dogs don't IME. I knew of a lady who tried to stud out her Greyhound, he failed miserably but it was all he could think about afterwards and became a total nightmare to walk when there were other bitches around!
Chocolatechien
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Mines a nightmare when a bitch is in season, it did alter his personality.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:13 PM
IMHE it all depends on how the stud dog is handled.

His first bitch should always be an exerienced one & presented to him only at the optimum time. This way he learns when a bitch is ready to be mated.

Allowing a maiden stud to run with a maiden bitch can teach the dog to try to mate any bitch at any time during her season.

At one time we had 3 active stud dogs here all living together & because they had been handled correctly in the initial stages, they never bothered with a bitch until the optimum stage of her season. If a bitch was brought to them that wasn't ready they would simply ignore her or only play not being interested in trying to mate her.

Using a dog at stud should not be taken likely & like breeding any domestic pet animal(cat, dog etc)should only be considered to improve the breed/species & not just to allow the animal to breed for breeding sake.

My youngest bitch is in mid season at the moment & whilst the boys are showing a mild interest in where she pees & if she flirts with them(the boys being crated). The boys do not try anything on with my other bitch(who is spayed)& the only one who tries to hump/mate anyone is my older bitch who humps my male Cavalier(something she never did before she was spayed !)
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:17 PM

This is I hope tongue in cheek, I had an entire male GSD who used to run away from in season bitches even when they were at the stage of being ready to mate-he was never allowed to be unsupervised with an in season bitch of course
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 09:27 PM

You do know you're on a forum where the majority of members are women and I too hope this is tongue in cheek otherwise I find this offensive and sad that you think we're all like that. Afterall I have my opinions of men..

I wouldn't know on the subject but I have heard both sides, dogs that ignore bitches in season after being a stud and also ones that can't think of anything else.
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Oh absolutely. We females turn all males into Benny Hill caricatures, arms outstretched & chasing semi-naked ladies with big boobies round and round the local park to a cheesy wacky theme tune - I thought everyone knew that?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >