Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2007, 08:52 PM

High fuel tax

As you will all be aware the cost of fuel has broken the £1.00 barrier due to the governments high tax. A group of ordinary people and hauliers are arranging protests combined with lobbying parliament to try and get the government to rethink the tax. Remember every item you buy has to be transported so higher fuel costs mean higher prices in the shops. Please give them your support. They do not plan to blockade which is illegal. Just legal protests.
Link Below
http://www.transaction-2007.com/
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 08:55 PM
It'll never happen. The only way round this is to reduce our reliance on fuel. People really need to rethink their journey's and shopping patterns!
Becky
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
It'll never happen. The only way round this is to reduce our reliance on fuel. People really need to rethink their journey's and shopping patterns!
Becky
I hope it does!

people need their cars. simple as.

without our car then OH would lose his job, we couldnt go shopping.

so then we live on the state. Hmm.......that'll cost the tax payer more!!

until the puplic transport system is GREATLY improved then car use, as it is, will continue.its not about reliance on fuel, but reducing the unneccessary tax.

we are the highest tax payers in the world and we get the worst performance of any western country. where's all the money going?
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:09 PM
My worry is at the rate we are going we wont have any fuel left, then it doesn't matter whether we have car's or not, we wont be able to use them.
Imagine no fuel for cars, heating, electricity, if we don't start changing our habits now then there are a lot of people who will be a tad shocked!
Becky
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-12-2007, 10:12 PM
http://www.trafikken.dk/wimpdoc.asp?...nt&objno=14758

the UK isnt exceptional, here is a list of Euro prices. about 10 countries on this list are around the same or dearer.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mahooli View Post
Becky
But what about people like me who have no choice but to use a car to travel to and from work?

I must spend in the region of £200-£300 a month on petrol for my car, I've had it just coming up 4 months and I've done nearly 7,000 miles in it!

I agree with what you're saying in principle, but don't forget not everyone uses a car just because they can, some people like me are forced to use a car to travel by the flippin' government in the first place!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree on all sides.

The world as a whole needs to start rethinking. The Planets fuel is not self replenishing, when it's gone, it's gone, then what ??? People need to start thinking of alternatives, instead of relying on it.

On the other hand if this government wasn't so stingy and offered alternatives that were econimically reasonable for the average family to use, we wouldn't need to rely so heavily on extracted fuel in the first place.

When we lived in Australia, the Government offered a package deal with incentives to install solar panels and/or small wind generators for household fuel/heat etc, and you were rewarded for doing so, not penalised, like you are here !!

Until Governments lead by example, no-one will listen.........WHY should everyone else reduce their fuel bills and stop driving 4 x 4s when members of Parliament still do it ?!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
I agree on all sides.

The world as a whole needs to start rethinking. The Planets fuel is not self replenishing, when it's gone, it's gone, then what ??? People need to start thinking of alternatives, instead of relying on it.

On the other hand if this government wasn't so stingy and offered alternatives that were econimically reasonable for the average family to use, we wouldn't need to rely so heavily on extracted fuel in the first place.

When we lived in Australia, the Government offered a package deal with incentives to install solar panels and/or small wind generators for household fuel/heat etc, and you were rewarded for doing so, not penalised, like you are here !!

Until Governments lead by example, no-one will listen.........WHY should everyone else reduce their fuel bills and stop driving 4 x 4s when members of Parliament still do it ?!
Oh no, I can't help myself but I totally agree! It's everyone that needs a big rethink and I agree, I too need my car to go places but where ever possible I would do one journey rather than several instead things like driving the kids to school because it's a bit damp then driving home then going out again to do the shopping and so on.
I do think the goverment can do more but each household is now allowed to make their own biofuel upto 2500 litres tax free so that's a start if you have a diesel lol!
I'm seriously looking at having a diesel for my next car so I can do this.
People need to look at insulation for their homes and just generally think about what they do rather than having a it wont affect me mentality.
Becky
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 08:42 AM
it broke the £1 a litre here a while ago my local station has unleaded at £1.09
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
http://www.trafikken.dk/wimpdoc.asp?...nt&objno=14758

the UK isnt exceptional, here is a list of Euro prices. about 10 countries on this list are around the same or dearer.
interesting.

do you know how much tax they pay on fuel?

I do agree we need to rethink our usage but its the governments that hold the ultimate power of change and until that happens then there is no alternative.