View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 09:14 AM

constant vomiting....please help!!! (blockage / inflamed intestine)

China was fine up unitl monday night. We came back and there were two pools of very runny vomit. 20 minutes later another two. She has her tea at about 5.30 and this was at 8.30-9pm, we gave her boiled rice and white fish(only a few tablespoons) to settle her stomach. she was sick again that night at 12.30pm. next morning she had rice and fish again...all was well until last night she had rice and fish again and i gave her a little peice of duck skin (chinese takeaway!) She instantly vomited this back up.

Again at 2am this morning she was sick.
I gave her some plain rice and milk with a tnsp ofhoney for energy but she wont keep anything down, she is looking really sorry for herself and hasnt had any thing digested for almost 2 day now.

Im getting really worried

what should i do???

Alex
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I would suggest that a visit to the vet, without delay, would be in order Continuous vomiting can cause dehydration and you need to find the cause of the sickness. Has she had any opportunity to scavenge or to eat anything she should not have indoors?
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 09:38 AM
she is still drinking...made sure of that and she is eager for food was hoping it would be a tummy bug but there was a feather and soime white stuff like taglieattelle pasta in her firs vomit...OH thinks she may have eaten something when offlead...
Is honey a good thing with rice to keep her energy up?
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 09:55 AM
Cassie was like that over the weekend but started with Diarrhoea and then the sickness through the night. Lasted about 24 hours then she was on the mend and back to her normal self. I'd certainly get to the vet if it's over 24 hours like that.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:08 AM
OH says not to panic and leave it till tomorrow but i do worry about her she look so sorry for herself
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:17 AM
I know exactly how you feel. My OH was away for the weekend when Cassie was poorly and I was beside myself with worry. She just kept putting her paw on my arm for a fuss. It's heartbreaking when you don't know what's wrong. My biggest worry was that Cassie wouldn't even take water til Sunday afternoon, that's what frightened me the most.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:21 AM
she is my little girl, i just wish she could digest something!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I know China. I ended up giving Cassie marmite on toast cause I knew if she refused that she was really poorly.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 10:57 AM
thats it though, she looks at me like she is starving and she is still eating it just wont stay down which is what bothers me...i think it may be a blockage....
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2005, 11:05 AM
If you think it is a bloackage, you should get her to the vets today.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »