Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ilovemydog
New Member!
Male 

15-10-2009, 03:04 PM

why does my dog sleep here!?

Now this might seem strange, but my dog loves to sleep in the wardrobe. God knows why!! Is that normal? Does anyone else’s dog sleep somewhere strange? or is it just me?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 03:17 PM
Dogs often like places that are enclosed, dark and calm - a 'den' type place and I guess your wardrobe would fall into that category.

If you're not keen on him sleeping in your wardrobe, try him with a crate-with his bedding in it and a blanket over the top of it. Many dogs love the feeling of security they give.
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Mine liked to sleep under the table until I got him a crate now he loves laying in there. I never had to train him to go in once he realised how safe he was inside he loved it!!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-10-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by ilovemydog View Post
Now this might seem strange, but my dog loves to sleep in the wardrobe. God knows why!! Is that normal? Does anyone else’s dog sleep somewhere strange? or is it just me?
oh your so lucky, my lot love to be drapped over me

but on a serious note, what hali said
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-10-2009, 05:36 PM
Yes, den like plus maybe your scent. A few lumps, perhaps a smelly shoe, never seems to bother them. Many of them will sleep under the computer desk while you are at it. some of my puppies have slept in their crates when I left the door open.

We moved the crate for the open house when our daughter graduated from high school. Daisy slept where it had been.

Years ago my sister showed up with an unexpected puppy for us. We were looking for a place in the garage for him to sleep, and he jumped into the lawn sweeper and curled up. He slept there until the next summer when I built a dog house for him.

He ignored it, preferring a spot in the grass next to the house. He slept there so much he killed the grass and depressed the ground. He would lay in it when it had rain water in it.

He finally started using the dog house in the fall when bad weather set in.

Now my dogs sleep in their crate at night in the house.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-10-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Dogs often like places that are enclosed, dark and calm - a 'den' type place and I guess your wardrobe would fall into that category.

If you're not keen on him sleeping in your wardrobe, try him with a crate-with his bedding in it and a blanket over the top of it. Many dogs love the feeling of security they give.
i agree with hali.

i have a blanket over jakes crate... he loves sleeping under my bed too lol